The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Auratone Pair with Samson Servo 120a AMP for mixing. Monitor Controllers
Old 13th July 2018
Here for the gear

Auratone Pair with Samson Servo 120a AMP for mixing.

I've heard of reviews that Auratone Pair with Samson Servo 120a AMP are good for mixing, however, my question is a bit different. I want to know are these monitors capable of showing me inaccuracies while mixing at low volume levels? I live in apartments and my BX5a monitors have way to much bass as they manufacture amplified the bass frequency in them. Also, I have a bad experience with them from my last apt. and got complaints that I was too loud so one of my neighbors called the police when I was mixing. As of now I don't haven any bass traps but I do have lots of sound reducing, sun blocking curtains, and 2in thick foam panels in the room I will be mixing in.

If anyone one have any suggestion on why this isn't ideal please elaborate, in contrary, if anyone can suggest anything besides bass traps that could reduce noise please elaborate. Also, if anyone have a better setup with the same budget as the two items above please share.

Lastly, I want to know how would I have audio routed to this as my secondary audio source from an Lynx Aurora 8? As of now I am currently running my Aurora 8 into a JBL M-Patch 2 (temporarily) until I get a better passive monitor controller.
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Auratones are exactly the right thing for your purpose!!
Foam and curtains to block sound from annoying your neighbors, is not!!
It just makes your room less reverberate in certain frequencies!
Old 13th July 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnhard View Post
Auratones are exactly the right thing for your purpose!!
Foam and curtains to block sound from annoying your neighbors, is not!!
It just makes your room less reverberate in certain frequencies!
Hmmm

I guess I will just have to mix at really low volumes. Also, does anyone think mastering in Studio One 3 with Izotope 7 on Auratone would do any justice?
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Yes, very low! But it is very good to work this way...and auratones do not sound good at higher volume anyway....
A person talking in the room is louder than my mixing level.
Mastering?Hm...That’s asked a bit too much from these little speakers....
And you need to at least check your mix at higher volumes.
Get yourself good headphones...or just give it to a trusted mastering house.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search