The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Which Hammond organ is this? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 1 week ago
  #1
Here for the gear
 

Thread Starter
Which Hammond organ is this?

Can anyone please help in identifying the model and year of this organ? It almost looks like the a100 series but it has not stickers inside or outside. Also how much would something like this be worth?
Attached Thumbnails
Which Hammond organ is this?-cf3c35c7-6333-402b-b60c-52462a188991.jpg   Which Hammond organ is this?-c8875643-d400-4df1-b260-aa35c1488dd8.jpg   Which Hammond organ is this?-bbb99ea9-17fd-4823-aecf-267ddcef23e8.jpg   Which Hammond organ is this?-c6348571-0c52-4819-aa3e-eeff8a7ef84f.jpg   Which Hammond organ is this?-4b572aaa-bfb4-4d27-b828-e24303e42b29.jpg  

Which Hammond organ is this?-60f9d7d9-9736-495a-acf9-bd4e0b53c739.jpg   Which Hammond organ is this?-2c61c6d8-e7f9-4eec-802d-14870f5663b6.jpg   Which Hammond organ is this?-e72ecf3a-cb7e-46ad-bf91-10390c21c2d3.jpg   Which Hammond organ is this?-f57c9d5d-7711-4b24-a451-4c8fca8add42.jpg   Which Hammond organ is this?-4b5c56cc-1e47-4245-8eba-622fd1cd327d.jpg  

Which Hammond organ is this?-5d6b17cb-64fb-4aa0-a163-4851c940935e.jpg   Which Hammond organ is this?-cceceef3-1a57-4a41-9f7d-28d7231401cd.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
  #2
Here for the gear
Yes, looks like an A100 to me. Probably worth between $800 - 2500 as a guess, depending. But prices can vary depending on the mood and interest on people in an area at any time. Fascination goes up and down with peoples whims. Do you have the Leslie with it. The Leslie is the real icing on the cake, but an A100 is the real thing, essentially very much the same as a B3 or C3. Probably from the mid to late 60's or early 70's, but I am a guitarist. But I hung out with keyboard players in the late sixties and early seventies, picked up a few things about Hammonds, but not a total expert. Both full equal length keyboards, has black keys at left end of keyboards, full bass pedals, not a spinet, would have the large tone wheel, looks like waterfall keys, draw bars span right across along the keyboard. You can check google images for Hammond A100 like I just did to confirm.
Old 1 week ago
  #3
Gear Head
Hammond A101! I've got one. I kept an eye out on local craigslist looking for an A series because the guts are the same as the Bs and they sell for less. I picked mine up for $1600 about 3 years ago. It's the real deal as far as sound goes. Everything Franktone mentioned. If you hook it up to a good leslie your all set for so many classic tones. These are old organs and there's stuff that can be quite wrong with them if they haven't been maintained. People who can maintain, rebuild and refurbish these things are getting rare so if your looking to purchase this one, keep that in mind. If you're the current owner then congrats!
Old 1 week ago
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Travst's Avatar
It's definitely a good find and appears to be in excellent condition. It's great that you have the back cover. I have a '59 A-100 and have completely gone through it. No Leslie, but I added an effects loop and use a Leslie pedal and half-moon switch. Lots of fun, enjoy yours. On board amp and reverb FTW.
Old 3 days ago
  #5
Here for the gear
 

Thread Starter
Thank you for the info.
Old 3 days ago
  #6
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travst View Post
It's definitely a good find and appears to be in excellent condition. It's great that you have the back cover. I have a '59 A-100 and have completely gone through it. No Leslie, but I added an effects loop and use a Leslie pedal and half-moon switch. Lots of fun, enjoy yours. On board amp and reverb FTW.
What, what, what?!?!

Just got a C2, no Leslie (yet) either. Got a Trek II instrument insert box. Figured I could DI it for now and put a wah into it later. Not sure that would work, only does one set of keys. I've since picked up a (free!) HR-40 cab though. Also looking at Leslie pedals (Lester K is my current fave) but didn't know it could be wired to my 3 position 1/2 moon. You're system is much better. I've read a ton on getting a simple line out, but not effects loop for the entire organ. Would you have a link to a schematic?

Edit: Paid $650 for my C2 in great condition. How could I say no?
Old 2 days ago
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Travst's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
What, what, what?!?!

Just got a C2, no Leslie (yet) either. Got a Trek II instrument insert box. Figured I could DI it for now and put a wah into it later. Not sure that would work, only does one set of keys. I've since picked up a (free!) HR-40 cab though. Also looking at Leslie pedals (Lester K is my current fave) but didn't know it could be wired to my 3 position 1/2 moon. You're system is much better. I've read a ton on getting a simple line out, but not effects loop for the entire organ. Would you have a link to a schematic?

Edit: Paid $650 for my C2 in great condition. How could I say no?
Here's one from the Organ Forum:

The Organ Forum

You'll need to join to log in. After looking at the options, I had my friend Curt Granger install one of his kits in mine. It works extremely well and there is no noise.

Granger Amplification = Awesome Tone! We build high performance, custom handwired guitar amplifiers!
Old 2 days ago
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Old 2 days ago
  #9
Gear Nut
 
KingsX's Avatar
 

I sold my Hammond A100 about 2 years ago, I had it for around a decade, and didn't appear to be in as nice shape as this one (pics are hard to tell though). I live in a limited market, but sold mine for $1400, if that gives you an idea.

Loved that thing...just no room and had a baby on the way lol.
Old 2 days ago
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Travst's Avatar
As far as pricing goes, I found mine on Craigslist for $500. One owner since '59 and all the service records. It's just a bit worn but in excellent shape. I recapped everything except the tone generator.
Old 2 days ago
  #11
Gear Nut
 
KingsX's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travst View Post
As far as pricing goes, I found mine on Craigslist for $500. One owner since '59 and all the service records. It's just a bit worn but in excellent shape. I recapped everything except the tone generator.
Great price. I sold mine for $1400 but bought it for $50 at a salvation army store. It only output a 60 cycle hum when I got it, but after working on it and oiling it, I brought it back to life. It was a great return on investment though! And I got to use it for a decade.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump