The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Ok slutz, what's the worst smelling piece of gear you ever bought?!
Old 14th November 2018
I have a '67 Starfire bass made out of mahogany. I started modding it years ago and the smell of the freshly drilled mahogany is just amazing. So much so that I got carried away.
Attached Thumbnails
Ok slutz, what's the worst smelling piece of gear you ever bought?!-starfire.jpg  
Old 14th November 2018
Gear Addict
Bought a JV-1080. It was owned by a smoker and after months, the thing was still smelling so horroble that I couldnt have it around. Luckily it wa my backup unit, so I sold it off. It got in with an extra expansion card, and I sold that separetly as well. You know, for the dry cleaners ;-)
Old 14th November 2018
Gear Maniac

i have an HP test oscillator... one of the ones with the big ass wheel

smelled like someone had eaten a carton of cigarettes and took a **** inside the thing
Old 14th November 2018
Lives for gear

Back in the eighties...a piece of what I thought to be Black Afghan, but turned out to be at least 50% rubber.
And my english gf used to call the stuff „gear“, so that qualifies.
Old 14th November 2018
Lives for gear

The gear smelled acidic and like it had been bathed in antifreeze. It was Chinese. Inside I found fish food.
Old 15th November 2018
Lives for gear

The last set of acoustic treatment panels I bought smelled absolutely ghastly for the first few weeks out of the box, if that counts as gear. Thankfully it subsided eventually, but it was quite foul in a sort of quasi-organic way. Like android farts.
Old 15th November 2018
Gear Head

Bought a Fender Black Face Tremolux 20 odd years ago dirt cheap...and smelt revolting. Nice though
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search