The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gigging with TC 2290 Experiences? Analog Processors (HW)
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Gigging with TC 2290 Experiences?

I'm really considering taking the dive into some rack gear for time-based and modulation effects as it seems prices for rack gear has kind of come down and matched prices of the high end pedals.

I know the TC Electronic 2290 is kind of the "holy grail" of rack delays but have heard some mixed reviews on their durability. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on their own experiences or advice on whether gigging with a 2290 is feasible or if they'd opt for another route, and if so what would you recommend?

If it is "okay" to gig with a 2290, just make sure it's got a good roadcase etc.?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I´ve been gigging for years with a 2290. Don´t worry too much, it´s made for the road. Of course they are not new or lets say >20yrs old. You have to expect that there may come issues just because of the age.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Well, ours went south at the studio. E.J had been using it for about 15yrs. Had it fixed 3 times but we are at the point now where it's just not worth the pain anymore. They are great but not sure I would depend on it being your workhorse on live gigs. Unless you have 2 of them or an amazing tech that can keep it up. Not all of us are The Edge.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search