The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audioarts Monitor 10 Mixing Console
Old 14th June 2018
Here for the gear

Audioarts Monitor 10 Mixing Console

Hi all,

I might be in the wrong area in the forum, but just thought I’d ask. I was wondering if anyone has any info about an audio company called Audioarts. I recently picked up a 24ch monitor mixing console for dirt cheap (from the late 70’s/early 80’s?) and was curious about it. The seller didn’t know much about it other than it was from Frank Zappa’s estate sale and Zappa used it for his live shows as a main monitor mix board for years. I honestly just thought it was just cool and thought maybe I could use it for something in my home studio. Now I know it’s not a full fledged mix console of course, but maybe I can try running some drums through it? Or maybe sum with it? It’s not gonna replace my main outboard gear for tracking etc, but just thought I’d ask if anyone had any ideas (outside of its live performance abilities) that it could be useful for. Makes for great studio eye candy either way and I don’t have a console or anything, it’s got a lil Frank Zappa vibe to it too. (See attachments)

Any tips or info is GREATLY appreciated, Just thought I would ask. Oh, and it works! Just a little confusing as I’m not too familiar with monitor specific mix boards.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Audioarts Monitor 10 Mixing Console-ec7a36b7-f3dc-45cb-a1ce-9eee10486c0f.jpg   Audioarts Monitor 10 Mixing Console-b653d127-aa8a-4964-ad60-60bb2ffd8750.jpg   Audioarts Monitor 10 Mixing Console-3e0e5980-2cb0-419a-b5dd-c13c9084d934.jpeg  

Last edited by CraneTechnique; 14th June 2018 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search