The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mix With The Masters OR Puremix...?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Mix With The Masters OR Puremix...?

Hi! The obvious answer is of course both!

But...for anyone who has been a member of both...can you chime in on some of your experiences? How would you describe each?

I’m wanting to eventually do both...but want to start with just one. They both look fantastic...mostly interested in learning more about mixing techniques, ITB but also hardware tips are cool. Really just want inspiration and to learn from my mixing hero’s!!!

Thanks all!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Find a mixer you like and then go with a tutorial that has raw tracks to practice with. Having the raw material to practice I've found way more valuable than just listening to someone talk.

I realize this doesn't directly answer your question, but I think who you learn from is more important than which site you go to.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

MWTM is the best.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Also, you want to evaluate the amount of content already available and their rate of release for new material.

I got a free 5 day Pro subscription to Puremix with a plug-in I bought.

Puremix is fantastic. It has already helped me a lot.
Fab's presentation style and methodology is super accessible and entertaining, as well as being on the money.
But they do not release enough content to justify their price tag.

$25 per month is fine, if you could choose a rolling monthly subscription, but I find it a little cynical that you have no option other than to commit to a full year with absolutely no guarantee that you will get your money's worth - in fact I assume this is why you have to subscribe this way - because they know that people would only subscribe for a month here and a month there, when useful content pops up.

In 5 days I had already been through all the relevant Pro videos.

You have to be a pro member to enter competitions, but you can access the multi-tracks for those competitions without being a member.
That is very good of them, and you won't find better multi-tracks anywhere.

As soon as they allow people to sign up for less than a year (and I don't mean via the massively over-inflated cost of their 3 and 6 month upfront subscriptions), then I will be on board, but I'm not going to commit $300 for a handful of videos and no guarantees about quantities of new material being released over the subscription period.

I don't want to be too critical, because Puremix is defo in the top 3 sites out there, and if I thought I would get my money's worth every month, then I would pay no problem.

The worst I've seen is the Alan Parsons thing: I got a notification in my inbox the other day, where his site was asking for $900 for ten multi-tracks (!) of his own vanity project songs, which let's be honest, have very limited appeal.

I don't get that at all. Is he trying to subvert the streaming services and make money from his own music this way??

So out of touch.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search