The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mics for a big old groovy garage Condenser Microphones
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Mics for a big old groovy garage

Hey all, so here's what's going on..I'm gonna get the chance to create a studio out of this super cool sounding detached garage. Very live sound, probably 3000sq feet with a nice live reverb. I absolutely love the sound of this room. I've been capturing some of the informal weekend jams with a little zoom camera and the character comes through. My plan is to to try to capture the drums/room with a nice LDC and then spot mic the bass amp, kick drum, and then possibly some mics out front. This isn't a commercial endeavour right now and I don't need to track full bands. Mostly either just drumkit, or drums + bass, and then just using the room for live overdubs over electronic stuff and rough mixing.

My plan is to grab an audient id44 when they become available and start with those four channels but now I'm trying to decide on the right LDC to get the meat and potatoes of the room. Budget is limited but flexible..choices are AT 4047, Mojave 201, and Stam Audio SA-47, and KSM32 or 44. Get a big bunch o' drums and room with that, and then throw my Beta 52a on the kick, D112 on the bass amp and 57 or something on snare or guitar cab...and then add more channels and mics from there.

I do think the Stam looks and sounds cool but I worry about the shipping issues with that. The 4047 looks like it would probably work but what do you guys think? First, check out this awesome space...also I'm on the drums..

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTB6jSpR-8g&feature=youtu.be"]

Thanks for any feedback/ideas.

Last edited by johnnyblotter; 4 days ago at 06:40 PM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search