The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
64 k song?!! AMAZING! Studio Headphones
Old 1st March 2004
Gear Maniac

64 k song?!! AMAZING!

Dudes, Check this out. It's a 64kbyte audio and video presentation that goes for something like 10 minutes. The catch is it is a FULL QUALITY. Like 44.1 k stereo music and beutiful graphics. Impressive stuff.

http://www.theproduct.de/index.html

(You need a pc with directX9 to view)
Old 1st March 2004
Lives for gear

Absolutely incredible!!
Years ago I read that MS internally must had a much more efficient compression then what is commonly known. I guess what the guys demonstrate must be thelike or even better.

I am totally blown away!

Ruphus

PS: I found the fr08 much more impressive than the fr-030, it ran much longer and it doesn´t even need directX9.
Old 1st March 2004
Gear Addict

FU*!IN UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wowoowowowoowowowowowowoowowoww
Old 2nd March 2004
Lives for gear

wow!

I'd like to hear what that does with some "real" audio though...
Old 2nd March 2004
Lives for gear

uh, guys, these are "demos" which are like some weird thing that programmers do to show off their coding skills. The concept been around probably since the beginning of computers. It has nothing to do with compression. They are just generating 3d graphics and synthesized sound in realtime from a bit of code. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 2nd March 2004
Lives for gear

Thanks for making that clear to me!
Still, there I wouldn´t expect big practical difference in whether something is being zipped or generated, as long as it leads to predictabel results it´s just great.
Assumed that generating might not yield the exact same results, depending on the executing system there might be possible disadvantage if it is aimed towards exact reproduction, but so far it looks definitly impressing. Even more when you think of what you normally get with a couple of kb. ... Silly viruses maybe.

A software that would translate automatically would certainly be a blast. Guess it might not be long until such. Then again, with future storing abilities it might be superflous.

Ruphus
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search