The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best periods for plug-ins discounts
Old 10th June 2018
Gear Head

Best periods for plug-ins discounts

Hello,

I would like to boost my set-up with several high-qualities libraries such as Orchestral Tools', but end-to-end, it cost an arm and a leg. However, these companies often offer great discounts throughout the year. Apart from BlackFriday, which is too long to wait, do any of you know if some nice deals usually show up in the summer?

Thanks!
Old 10th June 2018
Lives for gear

Black Friday is usually my hold out.
Old 10th June 2018
Gear Head

Thanks, but my question was to know if there are some nice deals in the pipelines, apart from Black Friday which is too late (waiting 5 months...).
Old 10th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmont View Post
Thanks, but my question was to know if there are some nice deals in the pipelines, apart from Black Friday which is too late (waiting 5 months...).
Did you change your post or did I not read that last part? I'm going to feel like an idiot if I somehow missed that lat part....

Old 10th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmont View Post
In addition to the yearly deals associated with the holidays, one of the best places to look is right here on GS Deal Zone.

Always good deals and the deals are posted daily.

Hot Deals & Sales thread (This is not a discussion thread)
Old 10th June 2018
Lives for gear

I get "special plugin offers" of some kind in my inbox practically every day. Everyone's scrambling to get their stuff out there, the market has peaked.
Old 10th June 2018
Gear Guru

vstbuzz.com and audioplugin.deals periodically have some good libraries.

I've gone overboard with Spitfire Audio's libraries, but I think their big sale is at the end of the year. They periodically have sales throughout the year, though, so they're worth a look. Their work is incredible. Very British sounding, so if you grew up on LSO and Academy of St Martin in the Fields recordings, you'll be very comfortable with their libraries.

East West has frequent sales with aggressive pricing. Vienna typically has modest discounts throughout the year, but they don't seem to really do deep discounts, ever. audiodeluxe.com usually displays those so they're easy to find. pluginboutique.com is another good place to look for sales.
Old 11th June 2018
I can vouch for the high quality of the Spitfire plugins. I have several of them and I relish the sounds.
Old 11th June 2018
Gear Head

Thank everyone for your answers! Sadly, it seems I will have to wait until November to buy the right products at the right price. I must confess I was secretly hoping for a massive summer sale.

I'm specifically willing to buy Metropolis Ark I & II. But it cost more than 1000$ without VAT... Their competitors such as Audio Imperia or Spitfire are way cheaper, but Orchestral Tools' sound is absolutely stunning. Also, sticking with one company is best practice in my opinion because dealing with samples recorded in the same room make it so much easier to mix^^.

EDIT: I am not a big fan of Black Friday because it devaluates products. Why buying a software at 300$ when everybody can have it at 150$ in November? It doesn't make sense, and it is - to me - highly disrespectful for regular clients. Companies should just have better prices, period.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search