The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ssl clone vs Spl Kultube
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Head

Ssl clone vs Spl Kultube

Hi, I'm tempted to buy my first hw compressor and I'll use it mainly on full mix. I heard many Ssl clones and a real one and I usually like the sound (but I found some clones to sound quite flat). But I understand that it's not the most versatile unit in the market. Spl, on the contrary, seems to be much more complete and versatile, but there's no way to listen to that compressor here. I found one at a very bargain price so I'm asking you a suggestion. I know that A vs B is not the best question to ask becauze it's influenced by many personal factors, but I'm looking for some comparisons from people with more experience! As I'll have just one compressor, maybe versatility is the right way to go, but the Ssl sounds just "good" for me (but I never used on my music!). I auditioned the Elysia Xpressor, it was good but simply "too soft" for my ears.
Thanks
Stefano
Old 22nd May 2018
Gear Head

Up!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search