The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Peavey XR 1200 Questions
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Peavey XR 1200 Questions

Hello. I am planning to buy a Peavey XR 1200 with PA speakers, got some questions about it.

My purpose of buying a mixing console is to use it in my studio. I am opening a studio where I will host events as well, in form of studio sessions. So I found below console and speakers for sale.

http://i66.tinypic.com/atvl3o.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/fej3id.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2e2gzn9.jpg

This mixer has a power amp (300W according to my research). In case I want to increase the power of PA, how would I do that? Existing power amp would be an obstacle I believe.

Would I be able to add subs to this setup as it is? Would I need a different power amp, meaning i'd need to detach the power amp from the mixer?

Does anybody have experience with that console? I am initially going for a full analogue thing, and this is the best analogue mixer I could find. Any similar stuff at similar price?

I don't expect anything special from the PA speakers, but just in case, I figure peavey is good with low price PA, does anybody have experience? There is no information given about the speakers but they match the power amp in power and are peavey, so I believe that was sold as a set, couldn't find anything on the internet though.

And finally, the price for all that is around EUR 220, 4 PA speakers + XR 1200 (total 300W). that's a buy, right? I thought that fits my purpose for the time being, later on improvements would be necessary of course. Thanks a lot!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hi,

I used one of these for many years, many years ago in a church. It was utterly reliable, and sounded decent. The speakers weren't Peavey, so I have no advice for you on them.

There are plenty of very flexible patching/inserts/power amp input options on the rear.

It would certainly be possible to integrate a sub. You'd need to come out of the mixer to an external crossover, split the sub out and return the rest of the signal to the inbuilt power amps.

download the manual and look at the rear panel, you should be able to figure it out from there.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks a lot
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search