The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Picked up a used Yamaha MC1204
Old 8th May 2018
Gear Nut

Picked up a used Yamaha MC1204

So, a local buy and sell, had this Yamaha MC-1204 for sale. Online, so "worked when it went in storage" and from the pics, it looks in great shape. I haven't picked it up yet. Grabbed it, and a Midiverb III for $120 Canadian, so figure I can't really go wrong.

I've wanted a vintage console because I have a Fostex R8, and I want to do some old school R2R only with this thing, I also have a Midiverb 4. I know these FX units aren't the best, nor is the console (or the R8 really) but it's just for fun. I have a Pro Tools Mix system, but want to play with the R8 and mix old school (normally I would monitor the R8 in PT, OR stripe a track and integrate it with PT as I have an SSD). But I just want to play.

I don't think I'm going to use the console for mic pre amps, I have better pre amps, but I might see how they sound. I really just want this board for mix down, 2 aux sends (for each Midiverb) and a parametric mid EQ, is all I need! The 4 bus might come in handy...

I've seen a couple old posts about this board, but does anyone have any insight? Tips or tricks for recording straight to the R8 etc? I have ONE, count them, ONE compressor. lol
Old 8th May 2018
Gear Nut

This is an actual picture of it, I am picking it up in about a week.
Attached Thumbnails
Picked up a used Yamaha MC1204-1204.png  
Old 8th May 2018
Gear Maniac

I know Revive Audio mods these boards regularly. I don't have this particular board, but I'm using old Sony mixers for the same purpose. It's definitely a lot more vibey for mixdown duties.

Also, here's a link to the manual if you need it.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/master/mbrs/re...604-MC2404.pdf
Old 8th May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbiz View Post
I know Revive Audio mods these boards regularly. I don't have this particular board, but I'm using old Sony mixers for the same purpose. It's definitely a lot more vibey for mixdown duties.

Also, here's a link to the manual if you need it.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/master/mbrs/re...604-MC2404.pdf
Thank you so much, I found the manual as well. I also found some high resolution schematics.

I'll check out Revive Audio...actually I was thinking, I might try my hand at modding myself. Not sure yet, first I want to get the board and test it. Then play...then maybe mod.
Old 14th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsX View Post
Thank you so much, I found the manual as well. I also found some high resolution schematics.

I'll check out Revive Audio...actually I was thinking, I might try my hand at modding myself. Not sure yet, first I want to get the board and test it. Then play...then maybe mod.
I just picked up one of these mixers as well, looking to recap it and hopefully upgrade what I can. Could you send the schematics you have?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search