The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Soundcraft Venue for home studio
Old 14th February 2018
Here for the gear
Soundcraft Venue for home studio

Hi all!

I have the opportunity to buy a 32-channel Soundcraft Venue. I always want to use an external analog console for mixing my synths and samplers. Will this mixer provide a good quality for multichannel mixing at home studio?

Thanks.
Old 14th February 2018
Absolutely, if you clean it.

There's also popular modification that are all around the internet if you're ok with a soldering iron.

I have a 200b and its a very clean console with broadband eq's that are very interesting when used in moderation.

That's just my opinion but I think for that sort of console with all accessible and interchangeable part, you could pay a lot more with another brand and get close to similar results.

If you ask me, I say pull the trigger brother, you wont be disappointed, shes also very inspiring.
Old 14th February 2018
The Venue 1 is the same as the Delta Deluxe. It was about $17,000 new.
Old 14th February 2018
Well... coriolis....look no further.

The legend himself is here to Guide you.

If you didnt know about Jim, look him up on google, you'll understand instantly.

He perform mods on soundcraft amongst other things.

I think he was also an engieneer at Rode at one point in his career. But im not sure.

I red some info on this same forum for an old NT1 modification and it worked like a charm.

A very helpful men that shares a lot of useful information and doesnt charge much for the upgrades he perform.

Look for audioupgrades.com
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Soundcraft venue 24-8 (Recapping?)

Hi guys,

Thank you for this great pool of experience, I am wondering, having bought one of those puppy if I need to "Recapp it" and please light me up on what does it entail?
I have read a little bit about it and changing capacitors but how do I know if I need to change what?
Thanks again
Old 4 weeks ago
These are not old enough to need capacitor replacements unless it has some leaking caps or was used/stored in a hot environment. If you are considering mods, don't do it. Here most of them are removed permanently.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Only thing I'd look into with something like that is a few channels of good outboard EQ. Compared to the plugins you're probably accustomed to, you may find that the upper mid and HF EQ on those is pretty useless if you try to boost at all.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Soundcaft Venue 24:8:2

Thank you for this quick reply, sorry to disappoint thought I am exclusively analogue so no use to plugins yet, ol school I guess... Not a kid either, I just turned 55 and retired from the service, I have been collecting old pieces to finally end up with some decent gear, check it out on my studio list...
But rest assured I have everything to learn from ol wolves like you guys as I am a novice in the field...
Hopefully will find another family here

Take care and stay safe
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search