The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What is lost by locking to the grid Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 10th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Depending on perspective and/or application; tightness or/and rigidity, or visa-versa, and/or everything in between...
Well, I guess at least we're back on topic now.
Old 10th May 2018
Labels neither innovate or create genres.
Labels follow trends. They are effectively publishers.
Sure, they had a reputation for locking people out at times, but with home recording and Youtube they can no longer lock anyone out, and ironically some of you think music has never been so bad.
I’ve hardly ever been into the mainstream. The mainstream is always going to cater to the conservate audience member. That’s why the mainstresm is usually prefictable and boring.
Old 10th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Jerry here's the thing.....
I admire all creative people. I especially admire any one who has ever done anything professional (whether it's music, journalism, photography, film making, painting etc). It's sooo hard to get anywhere. It's also a personal risk, whether it's their finances, or moving thousands of miles from home and friends. Giving up relationships. Giving up three good meals a day.
That's my basic attitude.
When I see young musicians doing anything, playing in a band, writing a song etc, I love it. I'm thinking good luck, all my best wishes are with you.
It's sooo hard.

So 16 years of reading these threads. Often non-professionals who have never risked anything on their creativity, spouting endless negativity on musicians and the music industry. Grumbling that music isn't as good as it used to be.
I'm just a lot more positive about music and musicians.
I posted a video of what I think is an absolutely AMAZING young drummer. Actually MUSICALLY amazing, not a tech head playing a million notes a minute. No he gets music, he understands songs and groove.
But not a single person commented. probably no one even watched it. It was brushed aside as irrelevant, although it is 100% relevant.
So yes, I have lost the patience I once had, explaining how things are for modern musicians in the modern music industry.
Years ago I was more polite, but now I'm just more blunt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
The whole thread is about 'what is lost....' and the deficiencies of the modern 'hit' and the way modern musicians work.
Joeq and I are being the flexible positive ones. Those arguing something is lost and modern 'hits' are deficient come across as stubborn IMHO.
If it ain't four great musicians playing together in the same room it ain't right.
That's stubborn.
Man...

Presumptuous to say the least. That's the polite way of saying it. If I were to be blunt...well I'm going to try to stay polite...

And some misquoting, too, but who cares anymore...and talk about griping.

Well I hope it all works out for you and joeq and the rest of your team of professionals, whatever it is you hope to accomplish here on GS being blunt with all the grumbling amateurs who have never risked anything.

Quote:
Firstly, don't choose to go down the personal character route.
This may be the most ironic and amusing demand of the whole thread.
Old 13th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvangogo View Post
I don't know about the US, but I don't think they've had a UK hit for a good fifteen years.
Yes, been a while for that. They still fill stadiums here.
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

NOOOOO! Don't resurrect this thread when it was finally dying a nice, quiet death in some corner of the interweb.
Old 14th June 2018
+100
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search