The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ISRC code problem.
Old 23rd January 2018
ISRC code problem.

Hey guys,

I recently finished recording and mixing an album of covers by a band that came into my studio.

I am making their master disc on Waveburner. They have applied for and received mechanical licenses for each song via Easy Song Licensing.

However, all the "License Numbers" they gave me for each song are only 6 digits long and all numbers, so Waveburner does not accept them in ISRC field. They appear to be referred to as "Compulsory Mechanical Licenses".

Also, they gave me a "license ID" for the album which is 9 digits (first 3 are letters, the rest numbers).

Can someone explain what this is this to me? I am probably confused and these are probably some different kind of code. Is there somewhere in Waveburner I am personally supposed to still be applying these?

Thanks.

Last edited by steveyraff; 23rd January 2018 at 09:44 PM..
Old 27th January 2018
Here for the gear

Are you talking about getting ISRC codes assigned to these tracks? Those have nothing to do with the cover license, which is just a tracking number that Easy Song Licensing assigns you.

isrc codes on cover tunes

ISRC - International Standard Recording Code
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search