The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Princeton Digital SP2016
Old 20th October 2002
Princeton Digital SP2016

Just got a price from Tony Agnello. Probably $2000 sold through guitar center in the first quarter of next year.
Old 20th October 2002
One with big hooves

Too bad it's going through Guitarget. There goes the street cred.
Old 21st October 2002
He is doing Guitar Center because they are a distributer for Eventide. The first 50 he will sell from in house. I am on the list for one of them, so as soon as i try it I will let the the fellowship of Gearslutzdom know.
Old 21st October 2002
One with big hooves

Well, there are three GC stores near me. Only one of them has any Eventide gear. The one that does has an Eclipse but it's not hooked up and no one knows anything about it.
Old 21st October 2002
Lives for gear

Sounds good on paper. I miss the sliders. I like the 1 spaceness of it.

Strange, I always had heard the dude that came up with the algorythms for it was at MIT, not princeton. When I peeped it at AES, there wasn't a soul around. Don't ask me wtf was up with that, cause I had a ****load of questions for them.
Old 21st October 2002
How much do he origional ones go for?
Old 21st October 2002
On ebay from $2000-$6000 believe it or not.
Old 21st October 2002
Lives for gear

I would NEVER buy one of the originals unless I tested it first. They sandwiched the breadboards inside kinda funky. It makes repair difficult.
Old 21st October 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

Speaking of losing street cred, Manley is sold at git ctr over here.
Old 22nd October 2002
Gear Head

GC sux unless you have a great contact. Then you can really leverage their buying power. However I ONLY buy mail order from them. (I refuse to step foot in a GC store unless an emergency - a simple pack of guitar strings takes over an hour with their crappy POS system)

I have a guy at GC Pro that gets me amazing deals on everything. Far below anywhere/anyone else. PM me if you want his name and #.

Old 22nd October 2002
Gear Head

...and I'm not talking about the crap gear either. I got my Dynaudio's and a Cranesong HEDD 192 for example, for hundreds less than the best deal I could find anywhere.
Old 22nd October 2002
Gear Maniac

A great contact is what you need at GC. I have one in Chicago and the prices that I get are incredible. Of course, I have done all my research and know what I want so I really don't need their help in choosing. Also, my contact knows the things I buy and when a great deal on a used piece comes in or something goes on the kill list, he calls me to see if I'm interested.

Just like anything, you end up buying from people you like and the ones who will take care of you. In my case, that guy just happens to work for GC.
Old 22nd October 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by kushan_ku
GC sux unless you have a great contact. Then you can really leverage their buying power. However I ONLY buy mail order from them. (I refuse to step foot in a GC store unless an emergency - a simple pack of guitar strings takes over an hour with their crappy POS system)
Anyone else enjoy routing feedback loops that slowly build to a massive earthquake destruction of soundwaves there? It's great fun. Kinda like when you'd set every alarm clock at Kmart to the same time and turn all the volumes up to 10.
Old 22nd October 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

Was that YOU?? madd
Old 23rd October 2002
One with big hooves

I had/have a contact at GC and the guy has half a clue. But still, I'll walk in and even though he knows I'm not interested in the new $300 Lexicon verb or Focusrite piece he'll show it to me anyway. Before I bought my Vintech from Nathan the GC guy tried to sell me one for $1700!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search