The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Microphonic prayers answered - USM69 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 12th December 2017
Lives for gear

Microphonic prayers answered - USM69

Looks like as if my microphonic prayers have been answered: I was looking long since for a stereo mic configuration that is easy to set up and sounds as good as possible on classical guitar.

Recently I bought a sd hand Neumann USM69 (1986 built) and was really shocked: it's just gorgeous. I expected it to be good, very good, but soooo good?

Wonder why there are not so many deviews or praises of this remendous mic...

Anyway, my big recommendation, they surface on the second hand market for reasonable prices from time to time...
Old 12th December 2017
You should try the tube version which is basically a stereo 269c. Much more expensive then the fet though!
Old 12th December 2017
Lives for gear

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm afraid a tube mic defeats one of my important requirements: Ease of use ... dealing with all cables and power supply makes it into a more complicated situation, forcing to switch from 'artist mode' more into 'tech mode'

But if I should have a chance, I will try...
Old 6th February 2018
Lives for gear

This concert was captured using a Neumann USM 69 directly to Tascam HS-P82 recorder...
Old 8th June 2018
Here for the gear

Hello. I see you guys like the sound and the use o USM 69. I work with field recording, usually using SDC M/S microphones, such as Sanken CMS-7S. I'm now buying a USM 69i for this purpose, because I would like to capture silent soundscapes and the USM 69i seems to have a low self noise. Did any of you guys have had any experience with an USM on exteriors?
Old 8th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Hello. I see you guys like the sound and the use o USM 69. I work with field recording, usually using SDC M/S microphones, such as Sanken CMS-7S. I'm now buying a USM 69i for this purpose, because I would like to capture silent soundscapes and the USM 69i seems to have a low self noise. Did any of you guys have had any experience with an USM on exteriors?
Used one exactly for this purpose, worked just great. But you'll need a custom windshield, we made some DIY putting a 69' spider inside a standart one.
Old 10th June 2018
Here for the gear

The DIY blimp seems to be a good idea. The blimps I have here can fit the microphone, but the 69's diameter is larger than the suspensions, so I will try to fix the original spider in the blimp. Could you share any picture of your DIY windshield?
Thanks.
Old 10th June 2018
Lives for gear

Alas, no pictures, i thought it is a shame DIY construction, so didn't take one. )
First times we got 69 we used just fur over it without plastic windshield, now that was looking lole a real dead cat! )))
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search