The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Royer r-122 mk1 for Heritage 73jr/Purple Audio Action FET/Lindell Rack 503 500 Series Preamps
Old 29th November 2017
Gear Addict

Royer r-122 mk1 for Heritage 73jr/Purple Audio Action FET/Lindell Rack 503

Hi Slutz,

I am about to trade my Royer r-122 mk1 for a Lindell Rack 503 with a Heritage Audio 73jr. and a Purple Audio Action FET inside.

I am a bit in doubt though and maybe you can help (confuse) me (even more;-)

Thing is:

- I am really trying to cut down on gear and therefor wanted to sell the Royer.

- There is so much happening these days in "plug-in land" regarding comps and color (pre sims ect).

- I really would like to be more mobile and have therefor just bought 8 channels of pres from Line Audio and RME AD/DA (thinking I can do color in the box afterwards and just get clean signal).

- I dont use the Royer too often and have other nice mics I use.

- I own a Universal Audio 2108 pre for color pre-amp, do I need the Lindell with units then?

- I'm about to record vocals for some tracks and therefor it is tempting with a "super channel strip" - but is it just te SLUT-side of my brain thinking I need it (if I've already got the 2108 and plugins for the rest)?

- Should I trade the Royer, try out the Lindell with units and then sell it if it is not for me or just sell the Royer right away and get CASH and freedom from the slavery of gear (which Im trying to escape these days) :-)

Please give you´re advice - Im a little torn between two (or three) options!

Thanx
Old 30th November 2017
Gear Addict

No one :-(

Am I in the wrong forum?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search