The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best tracking/mixing consoles under $25k Consoles
Old 7th January 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml designs View Post
Well the owner of the studio went with an Electrodyne (from the Patty Smith camp here in nyc) and a Nuemann consolette very cool board. Thanks again for everyone’s input on this
Just watched Warren Huart's interview with Rob Schnapf, and he has an Electrodyne as well.
Old 12th January 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumhead1957 View Post
Just watched Warren Huart's interview with Rob Schnapf, and he has an Electrodyne as well.
Electrodyne consoles are true gems. These were not for sale to general public - they were custom made to order for clients like The Beach Boys, CBS and Sinatra. Apparently Sinatra loved them so much he insisted on them throughout his career and for good reason. Artists like Patty Smith still insist on them today but because of scarcity they are very expensive. I don’t think my friend would like me saying how much he paid but it was a LOT. He got a sidecar and brand new custom power supply too though (and desk... and elco patch bay) but I digress
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search