The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Where to Buy Voltage Transformers in Europe?
Old 9th April 2007
Lives for gear

Where to Buy Voltage Transformers in Europe?

I just moved to Spain & need to step-up about 1500 watts of gear from 110v to 220/230v. Any reccomendations as to best current (no pun intended) places to purchase good transformers?

-T
Old 9th April 2007
Gear maniac

Hi! Where in Spain are you based? if you are in Barcelona i can give you shops adresses, and in madrid can tell you some directions too..

hope to help.
Old 9th April 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks for the reply. I'm in Javea/Xabia, just south of Valencia. Barcelona is about a 4 1/2 hour drive from here.

I've heard that ordering online from Germany is a good option, but I don't know where to look (and I don't speak German!).

-T
Old 10th April 2007
Lives for gear

Any other suggestions?
Old 10th April 2007
Lives for gear

Try http://es.farnell.com

Under "Material El├ęctrico > Transformadores y Accesorios", search for "Step Down" and it will refine it for you.

If Technical Spanish proves to be a bit awkward to help you find what you are looking for, then try the UK website first http://uk.farnell.com find the item you are looking for, take a note of the Farnell order number and then turn to Spanish Farnell site and look for the same code, and order. Voila!

PS: It's a step-down transformer you want to buy, not a step-up one. You need to step down from 230/240 to 115/120 for your US gear.

B.
Old 10th April 2007
check your PM (twice LOL)
heh
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search