The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
1176 - Too Many Options
Old 30th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Audio-Scape.
After the demise of Mohog, I'm thinking that would be my first choice. Alternatively, a Hairball or maybe a used Mohog.
Old 30th May 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthepuggle View Post
so after getting about 1/3 of the way through this epic thread, looking for some advice. a nice crunchy 1176 style pair/stereo that won't break the bank to help get me a nice crunchy drumbus (that's all I need it for, other bases covered, like 2 bus, and my music doesn't have vocals).

is it possible to do this well without needing to hit 1.5k usd? There's quite a few things in this category: serpent splice, igs volfram (or 500 series dual blue stripe, or perhaps even alter?), overstayer SFE, pair of hairball rev a (rack?). Wait for stam (any real estimates on time frame there)??

Seems nearly everyone makes a 500 series FET these days, but which are worth the cash for this and which aren't? Purple 500, Buzz? (btw, more color and more vintage are better for my sound).

Any suggestions as to other options, or what might be best? would prefer not to break the bank on this, cause I broke it already elsewhere!
Revive Audio has there own 76 just under $1,000. Similar origin story of the Purple. The company moded so many, they started making there own.
Old 30th May 2019
Lives for gear
I have purple MC77. Also the 500 series splice. It’s very nice
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Head

Get Slate Digital's 1176 Blue Stripe with Vintage Circuit 2. Its spot on and sounds indistinguishable to the hardware(its modeled on). May slightly vary with different units. With zero noise and wet/dry knob.

Get it.. Hands down its the best one.
Save precious money, use on infinite resources and make records !
Old 1st June 2019
Here for the gear

I hear great things about the Audio-Scape 1176 A. I am going to receive my Stam Audio 1176 ADG very soon and it will be interesting to compare it to my Warm Audio 1176
Back to Audio-Scape. I own their G-Buss Compressor and it blows my UAD SSL Buss Comp Plugin out of the water. Its like the Audio-Scape site says.
Mix, meet GLUE.

Last edited by saltydog3317; 5th June 2019 at 03:02 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Just posted a shootout video between Hairball Rev A and two vintage Rev A's, as well as WA76 and two vintage Rev D's. Hopefully this helps someone with their decisions. I have to say, the Hairball was a blast to build!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhHWPwCAXU0

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search