The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lexicon 960LS
Old 18th October 2002
Gear Maniac

Lexicon 960LS

Does anybody know the price of this puppy?
Old 19th October 2002
Gear Head

Re: Lexicon 960LS

Quote:
Originally posted by Neve Sucks!
Does anybody know the price of this puppy?
It is only a stereo machine my dear little friend what the hell are you gonna need only analog stereo config. for man, it will most certainly be 150000 sek plus tax.tut
Old 20th October 2002
Gear Addict

Quote:
what the hell are you gonna need only analog stereo config. for man
I believe it's supposed to be expandable to the full i/o capabilities, both digital and analog. The conversion isn't going to suck (some folks who can hang Lex boxes off their digital i/o still prefer to go in and/or out through the analog connections), so it seems like a cost effetive way to get into the box.

Bear
Old 30th October 2002
Here for the gear

The list price on the 960LS is $11,995.00 that includes the LARC 2. The LS only comes with one analog in (8 ins)card and one analog out (8 out) card. The unit can be upgraded to a multi channel box for $995.00.

JFK
Old 30th October 2002
Gear Maniac

dfegad Lexicon can suck my balls....

I´ll rather buy four Kurzweil KSP-8 !
Old 31st October 2002
Lives for gear

euh .... and what did you expect it to cost ? 750$ maybe ?

Not to defend Lexicon and its prices. In todays world I also think they're a little bit over priced. But so is a Ferrari.

This doesn't mean that the 960 isn't a quite unique machine and that I think it is a great idea to offer that kinda quality to a larger range of possible clients. Especially if it is expandable.

I think it is a great idea from Lexicon.
Old 31st October 2002
Here for the gear

Hay, you asked.
Old 31st October 2002
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by C.Lambrechts
euh .... and what did you expect it to cost ? 750$ maybe ?
I´d expected it to be in same pricerange as the TC-6000, around $7k.
What´s the meaning to buy the LS for 11,995 if you can buy the bigger for 14,995??
Old 31st October 2002
Gear Addict

Well, having the a 960 in your studio (even if just with stereo analog i/o) will probably make it easier to bill time enough to afford the full upgrades than not having it will. yuktyy

If I had that kind of money burning a hole in my pocket, I'd be looking at the KSP-8 and a few other boxes (Eventide, t.c., maybe the Sony or Yamaha sampling reverb) instead of one 960, myself. However, I imagine the big money mixing rooms feel a bit naked w/o one, because it is the flagship Lexicon product, and that's the bulk of who's going to pay that much to buy in. Also, Lexicon already has products at a lot of lower price points, so they aren't hurting for not selling the 960 cheaper.

Lexicon (generically) has gotten to be one of those products that critical mass has made almost compulsory for studio owners to buy, because clients know and expect the brand name, even though there are great competing products out there. Not quite as bad as "You don't have Pro Tools?!", but still . . .

Bear
Old 31st October 2002
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Gone Fission

If I had that kind of money burning a hole in my pocket, I'd be looking at the KSP-8 and a few other boxes
WORD!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search