The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Digidesigns answer to auto delay compensation
Old 27th March 2004
One belife is that - Digidesign are trying not to be slaves to whatever hardware Apple brings out. Presently they encorage dealers to sell PC Pro Tools systems too. Personally I would doubt Digi would launch an important product based on one model of Mac hardware.

But of course, I'm just specualting

Old 27th March 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules

But of course, I'm just specualting

Yeah, maybe so. But I'd say you're "specualting" is a little better than mine, so far as this thread goes.
Old 27th March 2004
speculating

Jeeze do I need a full time spell checker or whut?
Old 27th March 2004
Gear Maniac

RME -check your mailbox bruvs.
Old 27th March 2004
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally posted by rme uk
Definitely not, because you are so much quicker with Nuendo2. When you have your lunch break I'm already finished and gone home.
Try to do a vocal comp with Nuendo2. After that you can't believe that you ever put up with something antique like ProTools.

I can't explain in this short space how Nuendo handels multiple takes and the editing features. But in a nutshell you only need one track, record always over the old one without worrying. Then double-click on the part and an edit window opens where you see as many lanes as recording passes you had.

Now you cut everything in pieces with the scissors and then mute or un-mute the parts of your liking.

Close the window. Your finished comped take.

You wanna go back and change it? Just double click and mute/unmute. Or cut and glue pieces.
How are you gonna do that in ProTools? Without temporarily creating new tracks, etc.
Huh? All due respect, works the same way in PT... has for a _long_ time. You won't even have to open up another window to edit it. Works great!

Cheers,

DD
Old 27th March 2004
Lives for gear

I own an HD rig and have owned Digi for 7 years. But for now it collects dust next to my college diploma. Instead I use Nuendo every day because I can do so many things in Nuendo that I would never do in PT. Anyone who thinks that PT can do what Nuendo does as an editor has no idea what they are talking about. It literally takes hours off of a day of editing.
Old 27th March 2004
Lives for gear

I'm really missing the 'track group' feature in Nuendo for editing though!
(nuendo's region grouping sucks IMO)
Old 27th March 2004
Lives for gear

Does anyone currently have hardware insert delay compensation down? Nuendo or otherwise?

If protools get this down, that would make my job MUCH more efficient in mix mode.
Old 28th March 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by e-cue
Does anyone currently have hardware insert delay compensation down? Nuendo or otherwise?

If protools get this down, that would make my job MUCH more efficient in mix mode.
Hallelujah, amen! thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search