The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL Nucleus makes clicking noises from inputs
Old 10th April 2017
Gear Head
SSL Nucleus makes clicking noises from inputs -- SOLVED

Sometimes my Nucleus begins making clicking noises--sometimes non-stop multiple clicking things (if you touch the input jacks), other times they're responding to vibrations from things like footsteps, and then lastly, to pressure on the board (like pressing a transport button or resting your wrist on the bottom edge).

The clicks get picked up by the inputs somehow and are displayed on the input meters. If I have summing on or 100% dry blend, the clicks are output (and become speaker pops). Blend at 100% dry is noisy anyway, even with nothing being input.

Is this a common issue?

Last edited by stephendidit; 18th September 2017 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: solved
Old 10th April 2017
Gear Nut

Not common as all. I would reach SSL for help.
Old 20th August 2017
Gear Head
Just to close out this conversation--I did reach out to SSL, they sent me a vid on taking apart the Nucleus to remove/replace preamp cards. One was very loose, so I tightened it and the problem was solved.
Old 20th August 2017
Gear Addict

Glad to hear you got that re-solved. I thought something similar when you mentioned touching the input jacks. Good idea to edit your tittle to say " solved "
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search