The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Warm Mixer for Oldschool House music (once again!)
Old 22nd March 2017
Here for the gear

(help me choose) Warm Mixer for Oldschool House music (once again!)

After some time spend with my choice (Crest Audio XR-24)

[here is the link to a previous thread about it: Soundcraft 600 vs Midas Venice 240]

i am selling it now. The reason is that it sounds too boring, lifeless,just too "clear". I was able to take an original Mackie 1604 mixer and was overwhelmed by the overall sound of my mixes, because it saturates like hell (in pleasant way). So now I am searching for a mixer desk that can be overdriven in a pleasant way with decent eqs.

I have options available on a used market:

1. Soundcraft bb100 - for a 1200$
2. Amec Tac Scorpion - for a 1200$
3. Soundcraft B400 (that Studer thing) for 1600$
4. Soundcraft SR200 - for 1100$
5. Allen & Heath GL 2400 - for 500$

And i do also have as an option, i dont know if i can reach out, but...

6. Trident 8T - for 3200$

I need a warm sound for house music, i want to be able to slam the mix hard, to give a saturation to my roland tr-909 machine and to my korg m1 pianos and other stuff.

By the way here are some my mixes made with Mackie mixer...

Last edited by dannynyman; 24th March 2017 at 11:56 AM..
Old 23rd March 2017
Here for the gear

Hey, anyone?)
Old 24th March 2017
Here for the gear

Also thinking about ordering Tascam M series Mixer, maybe M-320 or something like that from EBAY ...
Old 13th December 2018
Here for the gear

Hey man how did you go on your search for a desk? I'm in the same boat for my modular setup for techno.
Old 15th May 2019
Here for the gear
INTERESTED as well

I am playing around with a Soundcraft B800 atm, which to my ears sounds fantastic it is just a bit harder to use than my ssl x-desk that I also liked with a very open and precise sound (no eq though and there are no x-pandas to be found which would have solved the channel number problem for me).
Old 18th May 2019
Gear Addict

Can't speak for the saturation but the EQ on the old soundcraft spirit studio desks were pretty good! I also had the bigger Mackie desk that everyone had can't remember the exact name? Maybe 8 bus? Not the digital one! I sold it very quickly after I heard the Waves Renaissance EQ for the first time! The soundcraft Ghost is also very nice!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search