The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New ZULU Thread
Old 16th August 2019
No computer in my studio. All analog except an Alesis HD24XR. Jim Williams has the same set up.
Old 16th August 2019
Lives for gear

I respect your conviction!
Old 16th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates View Post
Interesting. Thanks. I don't use any plug ins but I will try that on an inductor based EQ.
It works with any type of EQ (try whatever's closest on your console) but inductor types offer saturation and compression like behavior that is totally worth the cost of admission.

Thanks
-L.
Old 24th August 2019
Lives for gear
Here's a strange question for this group. Everyone reading this loves analog tape sim. I've got to say I quite enjoy the combo of zulu into kush tweaker in tape sim mode, or in reverse order, and been thinking of even trying in parallel, zulu for crunch, tweaker for splat. Only have one tweaker (mono) at moment.

But just realized Tegeler Magnetismus is trying to do something similar to tweaker, albeit seemingly without using the cool custom sidechain filtering used by tweaker, instead some sort of transient shaper after comp.

Anyone have experience with the tape sim aspects of the Tegeler, in comparison to tweaker or on its own? Also has me curious about their other products, seems like they fly under the radar a bit.

(Btw, I should say that when I compared zulu with real reel to reel tape, it was closer, but the splat from tweaker seems to provide a nice complement nevertheless that gets to something vintagey in the back of my brain.)

Last edited by fromthepuggle; 24th August 2019 at 07:42 PM..
Old 24th August 2019
Gear Maniac

@ illacov are you still on track for late August for the Zulu R and the JuJu? any updates on the chassis design of the units?
Old 24th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Update -
Delivered as promised. **** this thing is cool.
Old 1st September 2019
Here for the gear

Juju juju update. Are we close? Let us know what to expect. Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019
Here for the gear

Hi!

Ordered a Juju + Zulu R bundle

Again, no answers or actions after agreeing on a solution.

Invoice ID: 93918751

Please Langston, I need this to be solved.

Cheers
Old 3rd September 2019
Gear Head

More than one year ago I was offered, via email from ''Handsome Audio'', a chance to spend money on a "Zulu Pre Order and JuZu Bundle Offer". I did place an order, expecting delivery in January 2019.

Design changes, delays, new components...

Flash forward->>> September 2019

Has ''Handsome Audio'' met the latest previously indicated target shipping date of late August 2019? Will the pre-orders placed in 2018 soon be filled?

Last edited by Mixxed Up; 6th September 2019 at 01:47 AM..
Old 5th September 2019
Here for the gear

Some new info on the status of Zulu R would be highly appreciated
Old 7th September 2019
Lives for gear

Does anyone know Langston?

His lack of response to email is concerning for those that placed pre-orders.

I hope he sorts it out, but you can think of worst case scenarios when a company raises a bunch of cash and can’t get a product out the door.
Old 7th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
I hope he sorts it out, but you can think of worst case scenarios when a company raises a bunch of cash and can’t get a product out the door.
I don't think it's productive to go there. But it's been pretty interesting watching it all play out.

I found this interesting, too:

https://www.workingclassaudio.com/wc...ton-masingale/
Old 7th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I don't think it's productive to go there. But it's been pretty interesting watching it all play out.

I found this interesting, too:

https://www.workingclassaudio.com/wc...ton-masingale/
Cool. The key to business is setting expectations and communication. If **** hit the fan he should just own it, say it and people would be more patient about the situation.
Old 7th September 2019
People have been getting their desktop Zulus, as evidenced in this thread, so it’s not like he’s taken the money and run. I’d say give him some time and try to be patient.

He bit off a lot with developing the Zulu R and JuJu at the same time. Not easy for a small operation.

I don’t know if you know or follow Chase Bliss Audio but they’re an amazing and super reliable small pedal company. They recently tried to develop two pedals at the same time (Automatone and Blooper) and had to do a kickstarter to raise $100k quickly to handle the challenge.

Or consider Stam audio. After a year and a half of people questioning whether their Fairchild and 1073 units would come out, and even calling the whole thing a scam, the units are now reaching customers and the reviews are very positive.
Old 7th September 2019
Lives for gear

I kind of know Langston. I met him twice. Once at my studio in NYC where he was kind enough to stop by and chat about zulu. Another time at his Handsome Audio get together in Brooklyn. I am a customer of his. That's the extent of my relationship with him. I texted him the other day inquiring about my juzu order. I have 1 zulu r and 2 juju's on order.

heres my texting with him

from this past thursday

Me: Hi Langston, How's it looking for the Juzu?

Langston: Bro we are about to drop any minute now

So it's not like he's hiding out in Ibiza with our money. He's a cool dude and I trust him. I hate getting ripped off and if i gets to the point where I feel I am ripped off by this company or any other company I will have no problem complaining very loud but I don''t think that is what is going on. Let's give him some breathing room......
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneshowell View Post
I kind of know Langston. I met him twice. Once at my studio in NYC where he was kind enough to stop by and chat about zulu. Another time at his Handsome Audio get together in Brooklyn. I am a customer of his. That's the extent of my relationship with him. I texted him the other day inquiring about my juzu order. I have 1 zulu r and 2 juju's on order.

from this past thursday

So it's not like he's hiding out in Ibiza with our money. He's a cool dude and I trust him. I hate getting ripped off and if i gets to the point where I feel I am ripped off by this company or any other company I will have no problem complaining very loud but I don''t think that is what is going on. Let's give him some breathing room......
That's all good and all...but, Mr Langston should deliver that message, not you...right?
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
That's all good and all...but, Mr Langston should deliver that message, not you...right?
I was just trying to be helpful. Now I regret even posting. And I can see why he may be reluctant to cater to these boards
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I was just trying to be helpful. Now I regret even posting. And I can see why he may be reluctant to cater to these boards
You were helpful. There shouldn't be any regrets.

Still, Langston should say himself what he told you, no? Only because there are many who have a vested interest in the matter.
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
You were helpful. There shouldn't be any regrets.

Still, Langston should say himself what he told you, no? Only because there are many who have a vested interest in the matter.
I don't think he needs to if I am directly quoting him unless I am considered a liar.

He needs to come on here and verify that what I said is a direct quotation?

I'm feeling frustrated just being the messenger, I can only imagine how it would feel to be langston. He is one of the most positive and friendly dudes I have ever interacted with. The negative energy on GS would be enough to turn off most anyone who was thinking about starting a company.

As i stated I have two jujus and one zulu r on the way, waiting to be received, with no tracking number or guaranteed ship date. Only Langston's word, which I believe is good. I share yours and everyone else's vested interest in seeing that this product is brought to market or I am out several grand. If I thought Langston was a scammer I would not only be blowing the whistle but I would be suing him right now in small claims court. I don't break kneecaps, I don't gripe on online forums. I sue people. That's how I resolve my issues.
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't think he needs to if I am directly quoting him unless I am considered a liar.

He needs to come on here and verify that what I said is a direct quotation?

I'm feeling frustrated just being the messenger, I can only imagine how it would feel to be langston. He is one of the most positive and friendly dudes I have ever interacted with. The negative energy on GS would be enough to turn off most anyone who was thinking about starting a company.

As i stated I have two jujus and one zulu r on the way, waiting to be received, with no tracking number or guaranteed ship date. Only Langston's word, which I believe is good. I share yours and everyone else's vested interest in seeing that this product is brought to market or I am out several grand. If I thought Langston was a scammer I would not only be blowing the whistle but I would be suing him right now in small claims court. I don't break kneecaps, I don't gripe on online forums. I sue people. That's how I resolve my issues.
Whoa there cowboy...

I've given Langston benefit of doubt. I'm rooting for him. That said, he reaped what he sowed as he's given several updates with missed deadlines that were announced.

It ain't too much to corroborate what was said to you. Especially if there are multiple posts showing frustration at the lack of information.

I'd respect Langston more if he were more transparent as to the logistical details. That responsibility doesn't lie with you, it's on him...
Old 8th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
If I thought Langston was a scammer I would not only be blowing the whistle but I would be suing him right now in small claims court. I don't break kneecaps, I don't gripe on online forums. I sue people. That's how I resolve my issues.
Are you in the State of New York?
Old 8th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
I simply need more time and I am going to start posting proof of life for both devices. I have offered that before but I will show stuffed boards as they are received and the updates to my engineer's diary on circuit designs.

Thanks
-L.
Quote:
My target for Zulu R to release and begin shipping is late August.
I think this is why there are frustrated people, including myself. Hopefully not mispeaking on others' behalf. I knew, based on previous endeavors- that this would be late, and I am alright with that... but there's minimal updates on production, and when there are, they don't seem too valid. I see people on here constantly saying that bothering him and and making him update will pull him away from actually getting the project done - but if still waiting on parts, then I'm not sure how the work is getting done yet anyways. Besides, seems like there's plenty of time for discussing functionality of the Zulu, so maybe spending 5-10 minutes every couple of weeks assuring the fanbase that it's still on track would alleviate the negativity around here. But maybe that's just wishful thinking.

I'm super excited for the units, but it's also fun when you invest in this kind of a startup to see the progress. Personally, I'd gladly receive my ZuJu bundle 5 days later than whenever they do show up in trade for a little more time spent on progess updates etc.
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Are you in the State of New York?
Yes. Would sue without hesitation if I was ripped off by anyone. I have done it before. Will do it again I’m sure. It sucks but it’s sometimes the only way to get a company to take you serious.

To anyone reading all this absurdity please remember that I am responding to a poster who asked “does anyone know langston” was trying to be helpful and it quickly derailed into something else.

Last edited by boneshowell; 8th September 2019 at 06:12 AM..
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Whoa there cowboy...

I've given Langston benefit of doubt. I'm rooting for him. That said, he reaped what he sowed as he's given several updates with missed deadlines that were announced.

It ain't too much to corroborate what was said to you. Especially if there are multiple posts showing frustration at the lack of information.

I'd respect Langston more if he were more transparent as to the logistical details. That responsibility doesn't lie with you, it's on him...
So pls take it up with him directly.
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes. Will sue without hesitation.
Dude, like that's a badge of honor?

In any case, are you saying people should sue Langston in lieu of asking for a realistic shipping date?
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
So pls take it up with him directly.
I'm sure he'll see this.

I know he'll see this.

It's up to him to respond...
Old 8th September 2019
Gear Addict

You can bet he sees every post. if it was your company people were taking about wouldn't you?
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Dude, like that's a badge of honor?

In any case, are you saying people should sue Langston in lieu of asking for a realistic shipping date?
Seems like suing him now would be an overreaction. Certainly make yourself aware of the relevant statue of limitations and chill out. That’s what I would be doing if I was worried. What else can you do? Whine on gearslutz?
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Seems like suing him now would be an overreaction. Certainly make yourself aware of the relevant statue of limitations and chill out. That’s what I would be doing if I was worried. What else can you do? Whine on gearslutz?
Am I whining? Seriously? For suggesting Langston corroborate what you put forth?

I don't understand how this is about you or your credibility. Like you say if people don't take your word then you're lying...dude...

So tell me, how is one supposed to decipher this:
Quote:

from this past thursday

...so, in your estimation what does "any minute now" mean? Is it a week, a month, 2 months, 3 months?
Old 8th September 2019
Here for the gear

langston when to you aspect to finish the ZULU R ?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search