The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New ZULU Thread
Old 3rd June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by programa View Post
I hope you also make an bypass switch in the unit for the signal on the Zulu R.
I'm sure the design on it is already done, and hopefully being assembled as we speak.

I don't think we're at the features request part of the process.
Old 5th June 2019
Zulu update

Hi Langston

Any updates on shipping for the Zulu desktop?
I purchased almost two months ago.
I haven't seen a shipping notice.

Thanks
Amos
Old 7th June 2019
Gear Nut

hmmm I was thinking to make an impulse purchase on a Zulu desktop....but 2 month wait? I' d like to also know what's the deal, when does stock replenish or are you taking orders then purchasing stock, how long isthe expected wait? camon man you got customers waiting here.

Last edited by iamproof; 8th June 2019 at 02:23 PM..
Old 10th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamproof View Post
hmmm I was thinking to make an impulse purchase on a Zulu desktop....but 2 month wait? I' d like to also know what's the deal, when does stock replenish or are you taking orders then purchasing stock, how long isthe expected wait? camon man you got customers waiting here.
Same here. Plus, I sent an email about euro shipping that didn’t get any answer ?
Old 10th June 2019
Lives for gear

Hello all,
I'm counting down the weeks before we start shipping out JuJu. I'm burning in some production units and going to post some listening tests once they're ready.

Regarding Euro Shipping,
we have always shipped to Europe and we've always declared our packages at the values we have to observe.

The 2 month wait regarding the desktop units was two fold. Primarily, we had so many requests for allowing backorder purchases and second, shipping out the new MK2 cases has been hellish because we had a large number of back order purchases.

I'm working round the clock to clear up items being shipped ahead of others who purchased way earlier, my apologies for those delays.

Between that and sifting through the production paperwork for JuJu and Zulu R (each roughly 50 pages of information), I've had my hands full and hope that this won't leave folks with a bad taste in their mouth.

Normally Zulu Desktop has been an easy unit to produce and ship, but we've had some new issues that needed to be addressed so we can get back to our usual ebb and flow. After this week we should be churning out any outstanding units and transitioning over to JuJu and Zulu R related orders.

Thanks
-L.
Old 10th June 2019
Here for the gear

Get in! Can't wait to get my hands on my Juju n zuluR. The audio clips in the meantime will be great to hear. Is there a more accurate estimate for shipping on the JuJu and zuluR? Weeks? A month?
Old 10th June 2019
Here for the gear
Judging by the lack of responses toward anything Zulu Rack related I'm assuming that the product isn't nearly ready.
But no worries. Once the first models hit the streets and I see a few actual pictures of the unit along with a few user reviews will I go ahead and drop that $1300. Until then hang in there and deliver like a champ when you get a chance Handsome Audio!
Old 11th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by illacov View Post
Hello all,
I'm counting down the weeks before we start shipping out JuJu. I'm burning in some production units and going to post some listening tests once they're ready.
I'm definitely happy to wait for all the wheels to finish turning before you ship, but I also recently moved to a new address... I sent an email from the handsome audio "contact us" page on the site a while back, but what's the best way to make sure I get my address updated before my ZuJu preorder is ready to ship?
Old 11th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Dash View Post
I'm definitely happy to wait for all the wheels to finish turning before you ship, but I also recently moved to a new address... I sent an email from the handsome audio "contact us" page on the site a while back, but what's the best way to make sure I get my address updated before my ZuJu preorder is ready to ship?
Em,
Please send an email to [email protected] and update me. Please put the phrase "new address" in the subject.

Thanks
-L.
Old 11th June 2019
Gear Maniac

@ illacov any chance of some pictures of the Zulu R and the JuJu to accompany the audio samples? I'm not sure I know what the final designs are. I remember the JuJu being turquoise in promo graphics and then black in real life (preferred), and I've never seen the Zulu R outside of the promo graphics. Please let us know. Cheers!
Old 11th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwazi View Post
@ illacov any chance of some pictures of the Zulu R and the JuJu to accompany the audio samples? I'm not sure I know what the final designs are. I remember the JuJu being turquoise in promo graphics and then black in real life (preferred), and I've never seen the Zulu R outside of the promo graphics. Please let us know. Cheers!
Where are the JuJu audio samples? Can't find them :¬)

Very tempted by Zulu-R and JuJu preorder bundle.
Old 11th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Where are the JuJu audio samples? Can't find them :¬)

Very tempted by Zulu-R and JuJu preorder bundle.
The samples are forthcoming. Read a few posts up.
Old 13th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Em,
Please send an email to [email protected] and update me. Please put the phrase "new address" in the subject.

Thanks
-L.
Email sent!

Thanks!

MM
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Hi Langston,

I wrote you a pm and an email!
Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHOWpONY View Post
Hi Langston

Any updates on shipping for the Zulu desktop?
I purchased almost two months ago.
I haven't seen a shipping notice.

Thanks
Amos
Did you get yours yet?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lileddmusic View Post
Did you get yours yet?
Almost.
It's sitting in customs awaiting processing. From experience, NZ customs will take longer to get off their chuffs and process it, than it takes to ship from the US to New Zealand.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I really need the desktop Zulu for my next purchase. Enjoy yours!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHOWpONY View Post
Almost.
It's sitting in customs awaiting processing. From experience, NZ customs will take longer to get off their chuffs and process it, than it takes to ship from the US to New Zealand.
Alright thanks for the update at least.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Langston for making this piece of kit!
I just got mine and it really brings an air of realism to everything that is run through it, hard to explain in words but it sounds/feels amazing on source material.

Thank you Langston!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelerate View Post
Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Langston for making this piece of kit!
I just got mine and it really brings an air of realism to everything that is run through it, hard to explain in words but it sounds/feels amazing on source material.

Thank you Langston!
Nice to hear that.
On the other hand the type of customer contact is unpleasant and the long waiting time drives me crazy.
How long have you been waiting for your Zulu?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I ordered only 4 days ago and it arrived yesterday! Awesome!

Just kidding. I ordered ages ago and it arrived ages ago.

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by broco View Post
Hi Langston,

I wrote you a pm and an email!
Thanks!
And yes, I also tried several times to call him. Unfortunately still no contact...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Am I the only feeling nervous about if/When we're getting our Zulu Rs? Or am I just paranoid?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by basic View Post
Am I the only feeling nervous about if/When we're getting our Zulu Rs? Or am I just paranoid?
I’m annoyed by the delay but I’m pretty confident we’ll get them eventually - I’ve had enough communication with Langston to where I truly believe he’s doing his best to get those products out to us. I just have no idea when that’ll be.

Don’t blame you one bit for feeling the way you do, though.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS View Post
I’m annoyed by the delay but I’m pretty confident we’ll get them eventually - I’ve had enough communication with Langston to where I truly believe he’s doing his best to get those products out to us. I just have no idea when that’ll be.

Don’t blame you one bit for feeling the way you do, though.
I felt that way too, hence the reason I ordered. Now the delay is getting to the 6 months point and I'm getting annoyed a little as I can't help but feel that he knew December 31st was a b.s. "Shipping date". Not sure why he felt the need to tell us that at the time. I think an explanation would be appropriate.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

His reply to this thread two weeks ago was pretty comprehensive. He’s essentially a one man band, and prob is working hard behind the scenes to get the current orders happening. There are lots of us that have had good dealings from previous batches and are using our units on the daily.

I wouldn’t get too stressed. A small business dealing with multiple suppliers for parts can be a complicated operation.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I still try to reach him every day, but unfortunately still no reaction, no answer. I asked him to cancel the order and give me a refund via Paypal.
That's why I'm trying to find the way through PayPal now.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by broco View Post
I still try to reach him every day, but unfortunately still no reaction, no answer. I asked him to cancel the order and give me a refund via Paypal.
That's why I'm trying to find the way through PayPal now.
Refund process. Sorry for the trouble.
Super crazy here!

Thanks
-L.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Refund process. Sorry for the trouble.
Super crazy here!

Thanks
-L.
Hi Langston,

thank you very much!
This was superfast!
The problem is solved in seconds!

All the best!
Old 3 weeks ago
I'm expecting to be a proud owner of a Zulu in about a week.
So, anyone interested in some audio clips of drums, vocals, bass etc?
I'm not talking face-smashing distortion. I'm in the lush and phat camp here chaps, and aiming for saturation style compression with a little hair.
Soon as I get it in the door it'll be put to work on a current project indie/pop mix.

Anyone?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search