The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New ZULU Thread
Old 20th May 2019
Lives for gear

I’d love an update on Zulu R.
Old 20th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Seriously?

+1 3154542255
Yep. It's a PIA. I gotta buy a stupid monthly add-on package to txt internationally, etc (etc = more speed humps and curve balls).

A simple forum update would be sooo much nicer.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHOWpONY View Post
Langston, if you're around could you please give us an update on when paid-for Zulus are shipping?

I'm from New Zealand so dropping a text is not that easy.

Thanks
Amos

Also in Auckland and waiting for one of these ..
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post

Also in Auckland and waiting for one of these ..
Hey drxcm... Nice to touch base. :-)
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I called, text, and sended an e mail. Unfortuenly no replay. Hope to get an update soon here on the forum about the zulu R status.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by programa View Post
I called, text, and sended an e mail. Unfortuenly no replay. Hope to get an update soon here on the forum about the zulu R status.
I also tried contacting them on multiple platforms and have yet to get a response. I’m trying to be patient, as I think we all are, but it would be nice just to know how things are progressing so that those of us who have paid in full have some reassurance that we will eventually get our products. Delays can be understood; it’s the radio silence that makes people nervous.

Last edited by TimS; 4 weeks ago at 05:13 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I got ahold of Langston this morning. He told me that they have begun shipping and to be on the look out for my shipping notice. So I do believe the waiting is almost over.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gravity View Post
I got ahold of Langston this morning. He told me that they have begun shipping and to be on the look out for my shipping notice. So I do believe the waiting is almost over.
Which product: standard Zulu, Zulu R, or JuJu?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS View Post
Which product: standard Zulu, Zulu R, or JuJu?
Desktop /standard.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gravity View Post

I spoke with him as well and he said the same thing about the Zulu Desktop. Hope it won't be long, I'm just geeked to run some stuff through it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJayR View Post
I spoke with him as well and he said the same thing about the Zulu Desktop. Hope it won't be long, I'm just geeked to run some stuff through it.
well that is good news for the people who bought the zulu.

I hope we get an update soon from Langston about the status of the ZULU R.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Langston, where are you?

Please, give us an update, when the Zulu(s) can be shipped!

Thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Tried contacting him again but no reply to two messages in the last week.

I’m a bit frustrated by the lack of communication. Ordered 6 weeks ago based on “in stock” notice on the website then found this thread.

I should be patient but a bit of an update wouldn’t go amiss.

Has anyone received a shipping notice?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:

I’m a bit frustrated by the lack of communication. Ordered 6 weeks ago based on “in stock” notice on the website then found this thread.

I ordered the Desktop on the !st of April. That was just shortly after he reopened ordering.

I haven't received a shipping notice yet.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:

+1.

Is this guy still in business? I'm getting nervous.

Another call for an update and a shipping notice....please.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I was able to get ahold of him last week. I don’t want to speak for him but it sounds like an update is forthcoming.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:

I spoke to him twice last week via text. I haven’t received a shipping notice either. Same purchase time also, about 6 weeks ago.

EDIT. * Just received a shipping notice for Zulu desktop.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I spoke to him twice last week via text. I haven’t received a shipping notice either. Same purchase time also, about 6 weeks ago.
Hello all,
between retooling for a new desktop platform we got swamped with delays in shipping, but we have started shipping units out. I'm sending out shipment notices this evening for tmws mail that covers more than half of the folks involved in our shipping queue. I'm very carefully evaluating our new cases for desktop by hand since this is our first go round with them but so far they are gorgeous.

Please accept my apologies for the gap in communication. I have been pulling my hair out with finalizing the release of inventory for JuJu and Zulu R, but we are finally nearing the end of our processes for both items.

Please continue to be patient, I've got some great treats around the corner for you all.

Thanks
-L.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by illacov View Post
Hello all,
between retooling for a new desktop platform we got swamped with delays in shipping, but we have started shipping units out. I'm sending out shipment notices this evening for tmws mail that covers more than half of the folks involved in our shipping queue. I'm very carefully evaluating our new cases for desktop by hand since this is our first go round with them but so far they are gorgeous.

Please accept my apologies for the gap in communication. I have been pulling my hair out with finalizing the release of inventory for JuJu and Zulu R, but we are finally nearing the end of our processes for both items.

Please continue to be patient, I've got some great treats around the corner for you all.

Thanks
-L.
Thanks, Langstone. I'm sure I speak for many when I say that this update is a great relief. The dead-air is never fun. Thanks for your hard work.

Amos
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hello all,

Thanks
-L.
thx for the update langston
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Received my Zulu Desktop this morning. All I can say is wow. I have been buying gear for years trying to get this sound. It completes my home studio now. Thanks Langston!
Old 3 weeks ago
JGM
Lives for gear

@ Langston
Since you've made some changes to Zulu R and Juju can you please let us know the IN/OUT counts of both units, as well as type of connectors and purpose of the I/O? I am asking b/c I'm in the middle of setting up my patchbays and need to assign cabling accordingly.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by JGM; 3 weeks ago at 03:16 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Interested in the zulu R as well. Will it have true bypass?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Received my Zulu Desktop this morning. All I can say is wow. I have been buying gear for years trying to get this sound. It completes my home studio now. Thanks Langston!
Wait a second.

You ordered yours about six weeks ago and now have it. I ordered mine on the 1st of April and haven’t heard a thing. Something wrong here.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin R. View Post
Wait a second.

You ordered yours about six weeks ago and now have it. I ordered mine on the 1st of April and haven’t heard a thing. Something wrong here.
Kevin, I saw this and looked up your order. I just had you shipped out today express. Thanks for buying a Zulu! I had your order at a later point in the queue, but that was totally an error on our part!

Thanks for your patience and you're unit will be in your hands shortly. Your paypal invoice should update with shipping information, if it doesn't come through please email me and Ill send you the tracking number.

The rest of the gang, please keep your eyes peeled for shipment notifications we are shipping almost every day, please continue to be patient as we finish up our shipment orders.

Thanks
-L.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Kevin, I saw this and looked up your order. I just had you shipped out today express. Thanks for buying a Zulu! I had your order at a later point in the queue, but that was totally an error on our part!

Thanks for your patience and you're unit will be in your hands shortly. Your paypal invoice should update with shipping information, if it doesn't come through please email me and Ill send you the tracking number.

The rest of the gang, please keep your eyes peeled for shipment notifications we are shipping almost every day, please continue to be patient as we finish up our shipment orders.

Thanks
-L.
Thanks! Very much looking forward to working with it!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:

Thanks
-L.
I hope you also make an bypass switch in the unit for the signal on the Zulu R.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
i hope you also make an bypass switch in the unit for the signal.
I don't know about the new rack version, but a hard bypass on the original could be a bit dangerous, given that so much of what it does calls for pounding it with level.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I don't know about the new rack version, but a hard bypass on the original could be a bit dangerous, given that so much of what it does calls for pounding it with level.
I forget to add that I was talking about the future ZULU R version
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
I forget to add that I was talking about the future ZULU R version
Well, I guess if the level-pounding happens within the Zulu R, a hard bypass would be fine. If it's like the desktop version, though, and you're expected to crank the level before you go in, hard bypass seems like an iffy idea. But I'm not a gear designer and I'm just speculating; I'm sure the developer will clarify.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search