The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mission successful!!! You be the judge... go easy! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 13th March 2007
Lives for gear

Mission successful!!! You be the judge... go easy!

Well first it was mission impossible to try to get my ITB "eruption" (similuation software>DI and mouse>midi)to sound pretty cool since the biggest part, the guitar tone, was crap. Even the best 400 dollar amp simulators out there are outperformed by the podxt's ( which apparent in feel, signal tracking and record playback). I wasn't using a 400 dollar software package, I was using a light, "free" version of Amplitube. It is a fin toy, but is well know to be much worse than the full 300 dollar version ( really? how can that be? hehe).

While it well known by everyone here, a good song needs a good recorded source otherwise all the gear in world won't fix.

Well that was my mission: Can I make it ok from terrible?
...well ok, maybe I can't totally pass the guitar tone off as a real amp, but it improved a lot.

... ok.. so that was: time to learn about mixing. 1-2 months later, reading, reading, reading and buying some plugin's and tweaking and tweaking.......
Well, I think the improvement is decent. It should be from all the work. This little project, is of course a stepping stone to when I re-do eruption with high end pre's and microphones ( things to buy list)and also to push me into learning a little about something, up until 1-2 months ago, knew ZERO about.

So it was a great experience!!!

Of course the session files at 24 bit audio are incredibly more detailed and spacious. Heck even the WAV files are eons better than the mp3's. However, please download the "eruption" and the original mix eruption" mp3's because they are at 320 kbs (much better than the streaming audio).

SoundClick MP3: Cary Chilton - Band page with free MP3 music downloads on SoundClick

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search