The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How do I connect this gear? Synthesizers (Others) (HW)
Old 22nd January 2017
Here for the gear

How do I connect this gear?

Hello!

I livestream/podcast and have bought some new equipment! I was hoping to get some help on the best way to configure it all.

I have a:
dbx 266xs
Behringer HD MICROHD HD400
A Mackie DFX-12
Roland VT-3
AT-2035
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

I think that since the Roland VT-3 acts as a audio interface? So I wouldn't need the Focusrite and would take the dbx 266xs into the Behringer HD400 and that would plug into the insert portion of the mixer and then the "main out" from there would go into the Roland VT-3? I want to make sure that I do this correctly before even trying to mess with EQ and al the other settings available.

Much love guys for any help!

Stronk

EDIT: If there is additional equipment I need to make this work more optimally, I'd love to hear about it!
Old 28th January 2017
Lives for gear

I would still use the scarlett as an interface. Try mic>mackie>scarlet and ust the DBX on insert, and the VT either as an insert on through a buss. The HD400 is a hum eliminator, us it if and where you are getting hum - it goes between gear to lift the ground.

Oh, and you can always buy more gear!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search