The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any cool apps for PDA?
Old 15th October 2002
Any cool apps for PDA?

Hello guys,

I know some of you have PDAs right? Do you guys use any app on you PDA to organize hours, clients or whatever in you studios?
Old 16th October 2002
Gear Nut

I just use the scheduler in my Palm Pilot (Ok it's a Sony Clie) synced to my desktop to run my entire life.

I also use the espense program to keep track of running costs, but not my cost/hour. ie If I used DATs, CDrs, or other sundry items.

Then Quicken is fab for accounts (but unfortunately not on Mac), so I have an old PC just for that.

Works for me.
Old 16th October 2002
Cool! Thanks for your reply!
I just got a whole bunch of free apps for my Visor, and I'll post the link for the useful ones...
Old 16th October 2002
Palm / Visor OS

There is a 'do all' Remote Control app called "Remote" (!) it emulates ANY infrared remote for DAT CD TV etc.. It can LEARN them all!

I use the I-Ching ! (very rarely to be honest ) to consult on life & business issues! It's a free download!

I have a Treo / phone / Visor / palm thingie - it is a phone too. I can get on the web and have posted many times on Gearslutz with it when away from home. (like at free music biz parties and wet T-shirt contests, you know, places where you get bored hanging around and are itching to post about gear!)

I can't get the email going on it yet..

Old 17th October 2002
Lives for gear

Palm Vx is my life saving companion in many things ..... my head is like swiss cheese when it comes down to appointments so I got into the habbit of writing them in my palm immediately. First thing I do in the morning is take a look at it and last thing I do at night before I go to bed.

Nowadays I own a PC ... got one about a year ago after I had banned them from my existence like 7 or 8 years ago. Windows XP professional and Outlook ... Palm get's connected every couple of days for backups.

I also use the date book to check whenever I have client based projects ... since the studio schedule is in there I will note the amount of hours in the date book sections on the days itself ...; thus keeping track of them.

Currently it lists :

684 address records
2462 date book records
0 expense records .... :eek:
21 memo pad records
12 to do records

Old 17th October 2002
Here we go,

Those are two links for applications (free ) that are supposed to control your hours of work...

The one I'm using right now is this one.

But there is this one here also... not as good I think...

I'll post more cool apps as soon as I find them rollz
Old 19th October 2002
Shameless plug!

I have written an application for the Palm PDAs which allows people to brush up on their interval training. The application is 100% free (including source code) and is available here:

http://www.samiam.org/software/Ear1001.zip

Basically, the application plays two random notes and the goal is to find out how far apart the notes are.

- Sam
Old 19th October 2002
How cool!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search