The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ehrlund Microphones Press Release Condenser Microphones
Old 12th January 2017
Here for the gear

Ehrlund Microphones Press Release

Ehrlund Microphones from Sweden will be attending the NAMM show in a couple of days. Here is our press release, feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer them. You will find us in booth 7529!

Eric Geldern
Digital Marketing Manager
Ehrlund Microphones
Attached Thumbnails
Ehrlund Microphones Press Release-press.jpg  
Old 12th January 2017
Gear Addict

A friend of mine told me about these a couple of months ago. Sounds like an interesting concept. Good luck on NAMM.
Old 13th January 2017
Here for the gear

Thank you Skap.

Here you can read more about us.

Ehrlund Microphones – a cleaner sound
In the 1980s, sound engineer and inventor Göran Ehrlund discovered that a triangular shape of the microphone membrane was the optimum shape. It reduced self resonance and reproduced the natural sound. In 2007, Ehrlund Microphones started working with Research Electronics in Siljansnäs in the heart of Sweden. A company with wide ranging experience of electronic design and the type of electronics with low self noise vital for a high sensitivity microphone. This partnership enabled the microphone to reach its full potential. Combining natural sound with the right electronics resulted in a microphone with incredible sound pickup qualities. In tests, as well as in live use, musicians and producers have been hugely impressed with the brilliant sound.
The triangular microphone capsule and triangular pickup are both patented, and all Ehrlund microphones are constructed and manufactured In Sweden.
Products

The EHR-M is a condenser microphone for studio use, designed for music and song recording. Its patented triangular capsule design has been allied to a very low noise and low voltage phantom feed amplifier. It has been designed to deliver the cleanest sound possible.
This enables complex signals to be reproduced in their original form. The sound becomes transparent and relaxed. The microphone has broad and even pickup characteristics, with deep bass and extended treble. It is one of the lowest self noise and high sensitivity microphones on the market. The signal is so strong you do not need a separate microphone amplifier.
The EHR-M1 is a*miniature of the classical EHR-M. The Mini M has broad and smooth pickup characteristics, with deep bass and extended highs. It has some of the lowest self-induced noise and highest sensitivity on the market.
Due to the small size but big sound this mic is perfect for choirs and orchestras, horn sections and strings. It has become a favorite among radio hosts as well. For Overhead micing this mic will pick up the bottom from floor toms and kick even if it is positioned over the drummers head.
The EHR-D is a*mic special designed for Drums, but many engineers are using it for guitars and horns as well. It can handle way more SPL than the EHR-M, and the houseing is made for a rough life on the road. It has more background dampening and is not as wide as EHR-E, this to isolate drum-to-drum-leakage. Toms and snares sounds amazing in this little friend and standard tom mounts are great if you like to use stands off.
EHR-E is a light studio-microphone, suitable for most instruments. It can handle very high sounds, it is -12 to -15 db less sensitive than EHR-M.*Due to the small format it is very versatile in usage and great for overhead, electric guitars, horns, toms, snare, vocals.
The EHR-T is a double version of the EHR-M microphone and one of the few double mics on the market. It has the same broad recording characteristics as the EHR-M. The EHR-T gives you almost total flexibility at the mixer table. With two inputs per microphone, you can mix signals from the two sides of the mic and adjust the sound pickup characteristics afterwards.
The Ehrlund Acoustic Pickup (EAP) is a linear microphone for instruments with an acoustic sound box such as guitar, violin and double bass. It is based on the same know-how and sound pickup as other Ehrlund products.

A linear microphone means the pickup reproduces a flat frequency response. The pickup captures the vibrations in the acoustic instrument, which enables the microphone to deliver very good separation even in normally “impossible” environments where the other musicians are generating high sound levels on their respective instruments. The pickup has achieved very good results in test performances, even with incongruous combinations such as Heavy Metal and cello.
The Ehrlund Preamp is optimized for use together with the Ehrlund Acoustic Pickup. It has extremely low self noise and low power consumption. It has the power to drive most accessories arising, such as foot pedals, effects pedals and Di-boxes with transformers. It comes in two versions; The battery powered version is powered by a 9 volt battery, with an extended operating life of 600 hours. It disconnect itself when the output cable is unplugged. The phantom powered version is powered by 48 V from mixer or amplifier. This gives even better signal-to-noise-ratio and higher output signal compared to the battery powered model.
For more information, please visit Home - Ehrlund.

Old 13th January 2017
Gear Head

I think these microphones certainly have an interesting sound. They sound open and punchy on drums.

Do you know of any examples on vocals or recording classical?
Old 13th January 2017
Here for the gear

Hi Jampa!

Yes i do know a couple of singing recordings. The one with Good Harvest the microphones captures both the guitars and the vocals.
Here you go,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x-DoOYJn0M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE_2jLeNDNQ
Old 14th January 2017
Gear Nut

That video of "Woodstock" sounds wonderful. Any deals on NAMM demo mics? I need a mandolin mic.
Old 14th January 2017

Agreed, that woodstock video sounds really nice.

matt
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear
mics sounds nice!
Old 15th January 2017
Wow beautiful sound!
Old 16th January 2017
Here for the gear

Happy you guys like it. Feel free to ask me anything regarding the microphones!
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

So are these new models? They sound nice in that year 2013 video.
Old 16th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
So are these new models? They sound nice in that year 2013 video.
Depends on what you call new. If you request information regarding the different models i can show you.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

Hi,

Hows the off axis sound on Ehr-m, Ehr-m1 and the Ehr-e? Do you have examples with an orchestra, string ensemble, piano or similar?

Antti
Old 17th January 2017
Gear Head

Are they available in New Zealand? I've never seen them in person. Anyway, I came across this plot for the EHR-M at recordinghacks.

Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search