The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dual displays for voice-over studio
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Nut

Dual displays for voice-over studio

Hi!

Possibly quite an odd question and easily solved, but how do you setup your displays for voice over stuff? We have a vocal booth downstairs and I would like to set up a screen downstairs as a second monitor to not having to watch what the client watches while doing voice overs.

On the other hand the producer might still be interested in seeing how the voice over sits with the film, so right now we are just mirroring the main screen of my MacBook.

I tried to split the signal with an HDMI splitter after coming out of my computer via Thunderbolt, but that does not seem to work properly as I only get it to work on one of the two additional screens at a time.

Is there any clever way to make this work for me? I basically want my screen running and 2 more displays - one in the control room, one in the booth - showing different information.

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited by Kris Pohl; 6th January 2017 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: add
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Head

I finally just processed your original question. Removed my dumb answers.

what model macbook do you use?

this might have some answers for you:

hooking macbook pro to three monitors

Last edited by WilliamHowell; 6th January 2017 at 11:40 PM..
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Nut

Thanks William! Somehow missed your reply...Will have a read through the thread, sounds promising!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search