The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Advice on situation Studio Monitors
Old 8th December 2016
Here for the gear

Advice on situation

Hi guys I would like to have some opinions on what to do here:

I bought q couple of Neumann KH120D from alto music last blackfriday. They just arrived yesterday but I got one 120D and one 120A ( one with digital inputs and the other only with analog )... I called them this morning and they were very willing to do the exchange without any problems... BUT! They told the speakers are not in stock and I might need to wait for two months!!! So i asked them I f I could keep the analog version meanwhile and the were willing to accept that as long as I return the item in good condition.

1) I don't think is is a good idea to wear off one the digital version and later get a new one as they won't match on usage.
2) I'm not sure about what will happens to the analog version later on... I mean will they resell it even if I had used it for two months?
3) I was thinking about using the pair I got and later returning both of them and getting q new pair?

Also I noticed the painting on the speakers is quite different. Is this something Neumann changed over time? I mean eventually I'd get two 120D but what if the newer one has the newer painting (similar to the analog version) and I end up with two different versions of the 120D?

I guess I'm being very picky here but I don't think studio monitors should be as similar as it is possible, am I wrong?

Thanks
Old 8th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsierral View Post
1) I don't think is is a good idea to wear off one the digital version and later get a new one as they won't match on usage.
I bought my KH120A's second hand and they're clearly not a pair - different anount of physical wear, one had little feet glued to the bottom and serial numbers are quite far apart. They are a perfect match, sonically. The QC on these monitors is top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsierral View Post
2) I'm not sure about what will happens to the analog version later on... I mean will they resell it even if I had used it for two months?
That's not your problem and doesn't affect you in any way, so don't bother worrying about that.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search