The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TC M2000 went bang Multi-Effects Processors (HW)
Old 26th November 2016
Here for the gear

TC M2000 went bang

Bought a TC Electronics M2000 reverb on eBay a few months back, then went on tour and never got a chance to plug it in.

Not my best move, but last weekend I took it out on a gig untested, and when I plugged it in at the venue, it went bang and took out the breaker for all of FOH. An apology and a case of beer to lighting later, and it's sitting on my workbench. I've established that the fuse blew, which I've replaced with the same.

Before I plug it back in, does anyone have any suggestions of what else I should check ? Had a look over it, earth beeps to chassis, none of the
components look burnt, everything seems fine.
Ready to cross fingers and have a go, but is there anything I could check to make sure it doesn't blow again ?
Old 26th November 2016
The obvious things to check would be if it is set to the correct voltage and to check if there was any damage due to the shipping. (Broken/cracked pcb, loose wires, screws etc.)
Old 26th November 2016
i second the the checking for the correct correct voltage- especially if you bought it from outside australia.
Old 26th November 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesmerised View Post
The obvious things to check would be if it is set to the correct voltage and to check if there was any damage due to the shipping. (Broken/cracked pcb, loose wires, screws etc.)
Thanks for the replies **and the moral support **

It's universal voltage, and was bought from Australia, voltage wasn't the issue. Everything internally looks ok.

So here goes, will report back with either a working reverb or a sad story about a lost few hundred bucks
Old 26th November 2016
Lives for gear
first check the impedance (resistance) of the connection to the power cord. if it's zero resistance than you have a problem. Changing a fuse probably did nothing - you likely blew one of the big power supply reservoir caps (if a linear supply)
Old 26th November 2016
Lives for gear
I MOST CERTAINLY would NOT try to plug it in simply after changing a fuse. The fuse is a symptom. not a cause.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search