The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Toft ATB - Where???
Old 1st March 2007
Here for the gear

Toft ATB - Where???

So I have been reading the many many posts and rants about the Toft ATB mixing board, and I am curious as to where you guys got yours? I know JRRshop sells them, I am just curious if other stores did as well (like Atlas said they are going to have them in spring 2006 and they arent taking pre orders, isnt it 2007...)
Thinking about getting one of the boards very soon (trying to get rid of a mackie 32, it worked for the time and actually grew quite fond of it, since I got it for very cheap, but am thinking its time to upgrade)
I know there are alot of posts about the toft... but I was wondering what people who use them in there studio on a daily basis thinking of them, and what pres and converters you are using with them (assuming you are going to a digital setup) Thanks!!!
Old 1st March 2007
Lives for gear

I would bet that most of the folks who have been posting here about their ATB got it directly from PMI Audio as part of the Pilot Program. If you want to know where to buy one retail you should probably call PMI Audio and ask when & where the next batch will be in stock at a dealer.

DP
Old 1st March 2007
Gear Maniac

I heard just yesterday from PMI that the ATB's should (hopefully) be in 'full swing' around May.

We'll see...
Old 2nd March 2007
Here for the gear

Is Mercenary going to be selling the the toft mixers?
Old 10th March 2008
Lives for gear

I could not find prices online, but then I found a site that sells them PMI (I think they are parent company)

Performance Audio - Microphones Headphones Wireless Systems Keyboards Synthesizers Hard Disk Recorders Mixers Amplifiers Speakers for anyone who is interested

also on that site it says that the ATB 16 has 52 inputs to 2 track...how is this possible, it's a 16 channel analog board no?
Old 10th March 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_mavis View Post
I could not find prices online, but then I found a site that sells them PMI (I think they are parent company)

Performance Audio - Microphones Headphones Wireless Systems Keyboards Synthesizers Hard Disk Recorders Mixers Amplifiers Speakers for anyone who is interested

also on that site it says that the ATB 16 has 52 inputs to 2 track...how is this possible, it's a 16 channel analog board no?
Hi

I believe the same way old Neve boards were modified... you add the channel quantity to the mix down section quantity to the effects return quantity... all of which can be assigned to the stereo mix bus.

Old 10th March 2008
Lives for gear

16 channel inputs on faders
16 monitor returns in the channel section (with assignable eq and limited aux sends)
8 monitor returns in the buss section
8 stereo returns
=56 feeds to the 2buss
Old 10th March 2008
Lives for gear

Bought my 32 toft from the pilot program,and its march 10th 2008!
I was the last one to get a 32ch. from the pilot program.
I sold my tac scorpin ii and moved to the toft as well!

Dan P
Old 10th March 2008
Gear Head

Try Sound Pure in NC

I just purchased an ATB console from SOUND PURE in North Carolina Sound Pure. A rep named Doug Wessling informed me that the price is about to increase by more than $500 due to a switch in the fader and the "decline of the US dollar" on the next production run of the ATB. Sound Pure still have a few models instock from the last production run. I was told that they were the latest and most updated by Alan at PMI. Both Doug and Alan were very helpful and willing to answer all of my questions regarding the console. The only drawback at this point is that it doesn't seem that PMI are still fully committed to the "optional meterbridge" and the Digital I/O that was supposed to be available.

BTW...Sound Pure seemed to have the best price that I could find anywhere.
Old 10th March 2008
Believe it or not, Musician's Friend now carries the Toft ATB 16/24/32. It appears to be a non-stocking item — so it's order it and wait. If nothing else, you could make them stick to the lowest price thing.

Cheers,
-B-
Old 10th March 2008
Gear Head

If u PM me on here I can tell you what i purchased mine for from Sound Pure.

Cheers
Old 10th March 2008
Lives for gear

my local dealer Alto Music has them. And they look beautiful!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search