The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Klark Teknik Pultec Clone - EQP-KT
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
The sockets are soldered into the circuit board. The tubes are pinned into the sockets. So you only have to pull out the tube from the socket and replace it with another of better quality.

There are plenty of posts where users have swapped the tubes, just do a search and see what sound they obtain.

The thing is tubes can reduce quality drastically if they are not of good quality. And in these cheap units tubes are...cheap too...you get the picture.
Just ordered a pair of these ones:

https://www.thomann.de/de/groove_tubes_12ax7c.htm
Old 3 days ago
Emi
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulguitar View Post
I don’t know which one are exactly as I let my brother do the geek stuff ?. I only audition the unit and let him know which one I like best.
Old 3 days ago
Emi
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamm7215 View Post
They’re not bad for sure. I haven’t swapped them in my KT-2A, they sound fine. Small difference in my eqp so I left the nos ones in.
When we (me and my brother who like tubes more than anything) were swapping different tubes in the kt-2a, the differences where quite noticeable and always better then the originals ones. Depending on what kind of sound we were after we would swap up tubes.

But if you want to listen the differences on a cheap set of monitor, don’t bother, you won’t.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulguitar View Post
I have to check in my thomann order account history and will let you know or maybe I ordered them at tube amp doctor.

But in the ART PRO MPA as in the Bugera the differences where underwhelming.
Sound a bit different. Sure. Better? Subjective.

This is my general experience with tube swapping. The china tubes are not as bad as people think. Why: They have a long history in tube production.
Yea I think I have a tube that's going bad, so I'm planning on buying one soon. It's not just for "enhancement" haha.

I had and sold the KT. It woulda been fun to try different tubes but I bought some other eq's and let it go. I may pick one up again for bass, it def worked great there...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search