The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Klark Teknik Pultec Clone - EQP-KT
Old 1 week ago
Nooooooo way!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryjohns View Post
I just got there 1176 clone last week, and it's phenomenal.
That's a big word right there - "phenomenal"

What makes it "phenomenal"?

.... that's it sounds good and is soooo cheap!

Or "forget it's cheap - this thing sounds great - just as great as the $2000 UA 1176 I own?

Please tell.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petermix View Post
They're going in for the kill: these now retail for $299!!!!
Lucky you - they're still $865 in the UK! (£660)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Did kt lower price or is sweetwater trying to move dead stock?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioWonderland View Post
Did kt lower price or is sweetwater trying to move dead stock?
My best guess is that B&H is doing one of the "crazy deals" they will do from time to time, and Sweetwater is just matching it as long as they need to.

This is just a theory but I have seen it before with other products.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Think so, too. Definitely no pricedrop by KT themselves. Might add that SW seems to have no stock atm
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
My best guess is that B&H is doing one of the "crazy deals" they will do from time to time, and Sweetwater is just matching it as long as they need to.

This is just a theory but I have seen it before with other products.
I don't know...this is the second price drop on this unit. They dropped it 200 to 499 not too long ago. Now it's 299. Short of lagging sales there is no reason to do this.

They dropped the price on the 1176-kt to 499 a while back too.. I suspect the demand for pultec is not as strong in the home studio world. Or the disdain for behringer is stronger than they they realized and transcended the name on the box
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Well I just ordered one. It's not a huge risk at that price. It should be more than fine for tracking duties on mono sources. I'll report my findings once it comes in.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
Well I just ordered one. It's not a huge risk at that price. It should be more than fine for tracking duties on mono sources. I'll report my findings once it comes in.
Please do.

Seems that we Europeans are out of the equation on this deal - if I took two even with 400 dollars of shipping they would be cheaper than here, but I'm not willing to spend that much on shipping alone.
Old 1 week ago
din
Gear Head

Holy ****! I just ordered two. What a deal!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I have had one for a few months now and i love it. Just ordered a second
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I just bought a pair as well!
Stoked!
Now I will wait until they drop the 1176s down to a few hundred each.
I see they dropped to $500, so maybe around Xmas time they will drop to $300....
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Uli - show the euros some love!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
That's a big word right there - "phenomenal"

What makes it "phenomenal"?

.... that's it sounds good and is soooo cheap!

Or "forget it's cheap - this thing sounds great - just as great as the $2000 UA 1176 I own?

Please tell.
From my perspective, it's phenomenal considering it's price point. It sounds very very good, holds its own against my original UA1176, so for me, it can't be beat at that price point.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
Please do.

Seems that we Europeans are out of the equation on this deal - if I took two even with 400 dollars of shipping they would be cheaper than here, but I'm not willing to spend that much on shipping alone.
I don't know about Germany, maybe things are a tad more laxed over there, but here in Portugal, as soon as that box hit Customs, i'd be paying 23% on top of the price (x2), plus 23% on top of the shipping costs as well. It's just absurd. At almost 800€ i'm better off looking at people making actual clones here in Europe, interstage iron included, etc.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I have one UA1176, my first 1176 type compressor.

I bought a pair of the WA76 a year after they came out. I hate the wall warts and the input attenuators failed on both at 13 months of age. Sweet water took care of the repair under warranty but it still cost me almost $80 in shipping to get them repaired.

I have four of the 1176-KT. I bought a pair from Sweetwater and a pair from B&H for $500. If they drop to $299 I'll buy at least another pair. The 1176-KT is indistinguishable in use from the UA1176 which cost 4x the price.

Thanks to other Gearslutz for the heads up about the EQP-KT dropping to $299, I just ordered a pair from Sweetwater.

I have four of the WA-EQP and really like the way they sound. I am looking forward to trying them along side the EQP-KT when they arrive.

Good music to all!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by retractablezing View Post
I don't know about Germany, maybe things are a tad more laxed over there, but here in Portugal, as soon as that box hit Customs, i'd be paying 23% on top of the price (x2), plus 23% on top of the shipping costs as well. It's just absurd. At almost 800€ i'm better off looking at people making actual clones here in Europe, interstage iron included, etc.
You're right. I was just curious. No doubt Robert's Pultec will be even better. The price is ridiculous for the quality. And the looks are just classy.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
You're right. I was just curious. No doubt Robert's Pultec will be even better. The price is ridiculous for the quality. And the looks are just classy.
He's not replying to e-mails, though.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryjohns View Post
From my perspective, it's phenomenal considering it's price point. It sounds very very good, holds its own against my original UA1176, so for me, it can't be beat at that price point.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldback View Post
I have one UA1176, my first 1176 type compressor.

I bought a pair of the WA76 a year after they came out. I hate the wall warts and the input attenuators failed on both at 13 months of age. Sweet water took care of the repair under warranty but it still cost me almost $80 in shipping to get them repaired.

I have four of the 1176-KT. I bought a pair from Sweetwater and a pair from B&H for $500. If they drop to $299 I'll buy at least another pair. The 1176-KT is indistinguishable in use from the UA1176 which cost 4x the price.

Thanks to other Gearslutz for the heads up about the EQP-KT dropping to $299, I just ordered a pair from Sweetwater.

I have four of the WA-EQP and really like the way they sound. I am looking forward to trying them along side the EQP-KT when they arrive.

Good music to all!
Nice!!!! Let us know how you find the kt against the warm. Id be interested in your findings. I have one kt and another on the way
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Same price as uad plug in, I know one thing they will sound better than the plug in, so I just got me a pair even if I don't know how they sound like.
Thanks guys for the head up
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckmule View Post
Same price as uad plug in, I know one thing they will sound better than the plug in...even if I don't know how they sound like.
This makes no sense.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj31 View Post
This makes no sense.
That's because you're trying to think about it.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by retractablezing View Post
He's not replying to e-mails, though.
Robert from ProReplicas home of replicas: UREI 1176, Pultec EQP-1A and Teletronix LA-2A is currently ON VACATION through the end of July and said he'll resume orders in August. He's still very much active though, but email might be spotty while in vacation.

And i hear ya abt the shipping/taxes... if it's 800 Euros for you over there, ProReplicas EQP is 3,840PLN so about 900 Euro... only 100 Euro more for a DRAMATIC difference in build quality... pretty sure his stuff is point-to-point... thats an absolute no-brainer, I'm considering his 1176 and potentially using a vintage input xformer but ya know... groceries.

Oh I pulled the trigger on the $299 KT EQP, stupid good price... $299 no taxes no shipping. Just wish I could swing a pair of them at the moment but... groceries.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzin View Post
Robert from ProReplicas home of replicas: UREI 1176, Pultec EQP-1A and Teletronix LA-2A is currently ON VACATION through the end of July and said he'll resume orders in August. He's still very much active though, but email might be spotty while in vacation.

And i hear ya abt the shipping/taxes... if it's 800 Euros for you over there, ProReplicas EQP is 3,840PLN so about 900 Euro... only 100 Euro more for a DRAMATIC difference in build quality... pretty sure his stuff is point-to-point... thats an absolute no-brainer, I'm considering his 1176 and potentially using a vintage input xformer but ya know... groceries.

Oh I pulled the trigger on the $299 KT EQP, stupid good price... $299 no taxes no shipping. Just wish I could swing a pair of them at the moment but... groceries.
I've since got a reply from him, vacation indeed. Also got a price list.

I really wish Thomann would pull these kinds of stunts once in a while. The price difference is dramatic. It also feels a bit silly seeing a supposedly german/british product being sold at a much lower price overseas. I'll probably end up getting nothing, even for the high quality that it certainly has, nearly 1k for a decent clone is more than i can put into an eq at this point.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I'm from France...ordered two!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I just heard from Sweetwater these are "Quite a bit backordered," and there's not a shipping date set for them.

Apparently K. T. or their distributor is the one setting the low price, so it might show up at other stores soon for the same $299. I guess Sweetwater and B&H were two of the first to advertise this apparently pretty fresh deal.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

WOW! This is insane. Hope these prices stick (at least for a month or so).
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Should have stock in a week or two.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search