The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
H3000 - Canyon 211 Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 12th October 2016
Gear Head

H3000 - Canyon 211

Hello to anyone that can help me with this little nugget...

I just spent a week recording with John Leckie (an education to say the least...) and his favourite big verb on the H3000 is the 211 Canyon setting. Coming back to the home studio I found Eventide don't include this preset in the plugin! Stupidly I should have noted the parameters as can't seem to find it anywhere on the web...

Anyone know of any nerdy sites to get H3000 settings from??

Cheers!
Old 13th October 2016
Lives for gear

It won't be possible to recreate this on the H3000 plugin, as it doesn't have any reverb algorithms.
While the H3000 plugin is good at what is does, it only contains a small amount of algorithms from the hardware unit. (I think it has 3 or 4, while the hardware has around 20)
Old 13th October 2016
If you are searching for Eventide reverb flavour please have a look at the Eventide Ultra Reverb:
https://www.eventideaudio.com/produc...rb/ultrareverb
It became one of my favourite reverb !you will immediately recognize "the Eventide dna". great on vocals, guitars etc...
You may also pm me: I got the Canyon preset but only as convolution verb. (more static than the original...)
Old 13th October 2016
Gear Head

Thanks for the help people! I have the whole eventide package... still stunned that the H3000 doesn't have the reverb algorithm... Tragic really...

So maybe I'll buy one and just leave it on 211 forever...

Yea I have the whole eventide package, perhaps I'll see if I can program the ultra verb....

Jack
Old 13th October 2016
Lives for gear

Yes the Canyon preset is a very nice verb (I read it was also used on Adele's vocal on "Hello").
I'm guessing it might be tough to recreate with plugins, as the H3000 reverbs are quite unique.
If you do eventually get the hardware, you will definitely be using more than one preset though.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search