The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
RNC uses?
Old 14th October 2002
Lives for gear
RNC uses?

What are you guys / ladies using your RNC's on? I've used it on just about ever instrument I record other than vox. I recently tried it on drum buss and was amazed at how good it sounded.
Old 15th October 2002
JingleJungle

Tellyadatruth... I use it in my guit amp's FX loop (serial) to thicken up rvbs, delayz, etc... The difference between "normal" mode and "supernice" is abso-bloody-lutely astounding... My only ant is that the settings are difficult to fine tune but, damn, at that price I really can't bitch..
Guess I'll grab another couple of units to run on the inserts of my DA7 if I get a halfway decent offer somewhere...

Paul
Old 15th October 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

I've used the RNC on drum overheads and was very happy with the result. The Supernice button is almost like instant perfect compression after you get in the ballpark (sometimes even if you're not close), but when I'm going for an effect, the damn thing can get dirty and gritty in a really good way. It doesn't really get thick sounding at any point, but I can't complain for a little $200 box.

Acoustic guitar is usually a sure thing, though I prefer the RNC on finger picking more than strumming.
Old 15th October 2002
Gear Addict

I use the RNC on alot of stuff. Acoustic guitars, clean electric guitars, bass guitar, OHs, every now and then on vocals (though I prefer compression on Vocals that I can actually hear- Joemeek, Renaissance Comp, LA2A and the like...) but my favourite application is on snare/snare mult with fastest attack and release. Squashes transients and brings all the overtones out - great ****.

Best,
Old 16th October 2002
Gear Guru

I use the RNC on a lot of things (I have three of them). Drum bus is one of my favorite things. Usually Super Nice mode. Regular mode on drums can get a very cool distorted/squash thing. They're great for taming a vocal without adding color. They can liven up acoustic guitar. Electric guitar can be evened put nicely.

I sometimes follow the VoxBox with an RNC to tape on vocals.

I love those things!
Old 16th October 2002
Lives for gear

I've got three of these also and use them on pretty much everything at one point or another including the mix bus.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search