The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Does anybody record with the Blue "Bottle" ?
Old 13th October 2002
Gear Maniac

Does anybody record with the Blue "Bottle" ?

What do ya´ll guys think of this mic? Is it worth five grand?? Pros/Coins...

Would be great with some feedback.....

This forum R.O.C.K.S BTW!!! grggt

Attached Thumbnails
Does anybody record with the Blue "Bottle" ?-art08.jpg  
Old 13th October 2002
It's a very nice microphone, but you need at least 4-5 of capsules to do it right IMO. Soundelux is an overall more efficient way for a lot of reasons. It's nice having sweepable polar patterns on a microphone (like on most of the Soundelux line) instead of being stuck with just cardiod or with a few set frequency figure of 8 or omni capsules (or having to physically change out the capsule). The differences in the frequency response between polar patterns from Soundelux are significantly different enough from each other (both between mics, and within the same microphone) that Soundelux can yield about 25 different tones between all five mics (the U195 and IFET7 are cardiod, but have switchable frequency choices) where the BLUE Bottle can only yield 8.
Old 14th October 2002
Gear Addict

Nathan, have you gotten to try the Ifet7 yet? Whaddya think, and does it merit the extra bucks over the U195?

Bear
Old 14th October 2002
I only heard it at the AES show, so it's not a good judge of what it can and can't do. It was different from the rest of the line though, so the variation is worth it to me. I'll be having some in here soon to play around with soon.
Old 15th October 2002
Gear Maniac

I've loved every BLUE mic I've heard from the restored 47's down to the dragonfly. I also think Skipper is a great guy from the e-mails we've swapped. He was very professional and helpful and eager to be of service without being pushy. He really knew his stuff.

The Bottle is a world class sounding mic.

It's big and intimidating too. They've got to be compensating for something with that thingheh
Old 15th October 2002
Lives for gear

Nathan,

Have you compared the Bottle/B6 set up to the Kiwi with the B6 on it? I know there completely different mic's (tube vs solid state) but I'd be interested to hear how they compare to each other... Kiwi in cardioid of course.
Old 15th October 2002
Yeah, it's basically a solid state transformerless version of the Bottle with B6 capsule.
Old 16th October 2002
Lives for gear

Well thanks, you've been....... helpful.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search