The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Schematic for the mx8000 psu?
Old 23rd February 2007
Here for the gear

Schematic for the mx8000 psu?

Hi Gearslutz.

This is my first post on this forum so please bare with me. I hope this is the right forum? Maybe it should be in Low End Theory but I saw some other references to the mx8000 psu in this one so that why I posted here.

Does anyone have a schematic for the mx8000 psu?
The –18v rail went down the other day and I’m trying to sort it out. I have a background in electronics (radio engineering) from when I was in the army many many moons ago, so I should be able to sort it out. It’s supposed to deliver +18v & -18v at 3.5 amps but the regulators (LM350T) are rated at 3 amps. It looks like the –18v, +5v and +12v regulators have been changed before. I’m not getting anything on the adj pin for the –18v regulator but that’s normally connected to the vout pin through a resistor network of some kind. In any case any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I suspect it’s the regulator though. I think they try to pump a lot of power through them and hope that the massive heat sink with the fan will keep them functioning.
Old 7th April 2015
Here for the gear

I've found that!

I hope it could be useful, yet.
Follow the link. It looks to be the Schematics of MX-8000. If not, please, inform me!!!

Service manual, eprom result list | ElektroTanya | Service manuals and repair tips for electronics experts

Best regards!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search