The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is M4000 much better than M3000
Old 18th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Thanks Mike, that would be so useful to me.

And thanks too for the thoughts on the Roland.

All the best
Old 19th January 2009 | Show parent
got a 4000 for sale. preferably in EU.

there. ive said it. excuse the spam-o-rama..
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobilmente View Post
Given that digital reverb is not "real" in anycase, I guess that having the reverb created on two separate legs of a stereo input is not an enormous drawback.
When i listen to a true stereo reverb source i hear a difference. Especially in the early reflections. Its in the way a stereo source interacts with each other in a room or hall. Its just more natural, real and listener friendly. after all we hear in true stereo to a level we are only coming to learn.. If you have a chance listen to a Bricasti m7 for kicks.. theres a company that is breaking new ground...
Lives for gear

Quote] When i listen to a true stereo reverb source i hear a difference. Especially in the early reflections. Its in the way a stereo source interacts with each other in a room or hall. Its just more natural, real and listener friendly. after all we hear in true stereo to a level we are only coming to learn.. If you have a chance listen to a Bricasti m7 for kicks.. theres a company that is breaking new ground...

Hi

I believe what people are saying about both the M4000 and Bricasti, but they will cost considerably more than the new half price M3000, at present this is a consideration for me, and when you add to this that I need a good reverb quite urgently, I thought it might be an idea to get hold of the M3000, although I haven't done so yet.

Not that I use effects much (although I do have a classical recording coming up that has need of electronic effects) I think the M3000 may have things that could come in handy later on, when I do get a Bricasti or M4000, or whatever else has come along by then.

There have been a lot of classical recordings produced todate on the M3000, so I guess I'm just catching onto the end of that tail, as everyone moves to something else :-)

Most of my recordings are made in rooms chosen specifically for their acoustic, and I only occasionally use additional reverb. I've become quite adept at using halls in this way!

I wish that fiscal considerations were not important when it comes to art, but they creep into every walk of life I guess.

[You can tell the mark of a gentleman by how he treats those whose aquaintance can be of no possible service to him]
Lives for gear

Hi Clusterchord

What price are you asking for your M4000?

Where is it? (Country that is, not which room........you know) :-)
Lives for gear

Quote:
Quote] When i listen to a true stereo reverb source i hear a difference. Especially in the early reflections. Its in the way a stereo source interacts with each other in a room or hall. Its just more natural, real and listener friendly. after all we hear in true stereo to a level we are only coming to learn.. If you have a chance listen to a Bricasti m7 for kicks.. theres a company that is breaking new ground...

Hi

I believe what people are saying about both the M4000 and Bricasti, but they will cost considerably more than the new half price M3000, at present this is a consideration for me, and when you add to this that I need a good reverb quite urgently, I thought it might be an idea to get hold of the M3000, although I haven't done so yet.

Not that I use effects much (although I do have a classical recording coming up that has need of electronic effects) I think the M3000 may have things that could come in handy later on, when I do get a Bricasti or M4000, or whatever else has come along by then.

There have been a lot of classical recordings produced todate on the M3000, so I guess I'm just catching onto the end of that tail, as everyone moves to something else :-)

Most of my recordings are made in rooms chosen specifically for their acoustic, and I only occasionally use additional reverb. I've become quite adept at using halls in this way!

I wish that fiscal considerations were not important when it comes to art, but they creep into every walk of life I guess.

[You can tell the mark of a gentleman by how he treats those whose aquaintance can be of no possible service to him]
Dont get me wrong the M3000 is not a mistake..It will work perfect for your application..I would like to have one my self but i have plenty of reverb.
If i got the right price i would grab one for sure....good luck, you will do great things with the M3000
Lives for gear

Quote effectsnut [Dont get me wrong the M3000 is not a mistake..It will work perfect for your application..I would like to have one my self but i have plenty of reverb.
If i got the right price i would grab one for sure....good luck, you will do great things with the M3000 ]

Thanks very much for all your input into this one, it's more help than you might think. I'll wait to hear what Mike says too about the signal flow re the AD converters. Then I might make a move. I find parting with money a very difficult thing to do!! You might call it being tight, but careful might be a better word!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Quote effectsnut [Dont get me wrong the M3000 is not a mistake..It will work perfect for your application..I would like to have one my self but i have plenty of reverb.
If i got the right price i would grab one for sure....good luck, you will do great things with the M3000 ]

Thanks very much for all your input into this one, it's more help than you might think. I'll wait to hear what Mike says too about the signal flow re the AD converters. Then I might make a move. I find parting with money a very difficult thing to do!! You might call it being tight, but careful might be a better word!

The M3000 is a great reverb, i own one for 3 year and still love it. of corse you can get a better one, much more expensive M7, pcm96 bla bla bla..

theres always better. theres no limit with what your money can buy.

get the 3000, work with it & you will love it. dont search for big tickets items if you dont have the cash. i would LOVE to have a rack full of M7's, AMS RMX, pcm's, you name it .. i just dont becouse i cant afford it.

i use with what i got at the moment and i try to get the best out of it.
thumbsup
Lives for gear

Quote:
*snip*
I think the M3000 excels at realistic reverbs as opposed to more "vibe" type verbs where there is a certain character or effect desired. I have a modestly sized live room (you could squeeze 3 drum kits in there providing no one needed to get in or out!) and although it is controlled, it is dry. The M3000 in stereo/linked mode was able to take the kit and plunk it in various rooms without sounding like I had added verb to it. That's what its good at and from what I understand that's what a lot of TC's stuff is like.
Lives for gear

Quote:

My advise is if you cant afford it hold off..Especially if the economy is effecting you..
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealRoach View Post
I think the M3000 excels at realistic reverbs as opposed to more "vibe" type verbs where there is a certain character or effect desired.

I agree. There are some effecty sounds in there, but it really does do great realistic spaces.
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I've had one for about 4 years, I was glad to sell it last week for more that I bought it
Good unit though, there's one in the UK for 500€ in the classified, wich is a pretty good deal.
IMO it was conceived for transparent verb that you don't really notice when it's there but that lives a big hole when you take it off...
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjoubaud View Post
I've had one for about 4 years, I was glad to sell it last week for more that I bought it
Good unit though, there's one in the UK for 500€ in the classified, wich is a pretty good deal.
IMO it was conceived for transparent verb that you don't really notice when it's there but that lives a big hole when you take it off...
what Tc electronic reverb isn't transparent? thats why i love it on acoustic
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Thanks everyone for the help on the reverbs.

Ultimately I found a second hand T C Electronics Reverb 4000, (2 years old and with little use). I managed a price just over the half price I could get the new M3000 for, which meant only a little more finance than budgeted for, and thought that the AD/DA might prove useful too, as they are reputed to be of very high quality.

All of your suggestions were really helpful, particularly when there was little chance for me to audition one.

Thank you.
Old 27th September 2009 | Show parent
Deleted User
TC Reverbs

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/4619975-post3.html

For users of VSS3 Powercore.
Old 14th June 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear
I have the M4000 in my rack at home and it gets used on
every mix I do because it doesn't cloud things up.
I'd like to maybe add a PCM 70 or 90 to the rack for the vintage Lex sound to compliment the MX200.
Old 28th July 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear
I should also mentionthat the difference in sound between
the M3000 and the R4000 is night and day.
📝 Reply