The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DIYRE Colour Modules....Who's Got them
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
What eleven space 500 series racks are you using?
Those are the old style CAPI racks with the linear supplies. I think Jeff may have changed them a bit since I bought those.... I've got 4 of em. All filled.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Those are the old style CAPI racks with the linear supplies. I think Jeff may have changed them a bit since I bought those.... I've got 4 of em. All filled.
Thanks for the info. I'm currently looking at either the Wesaudio Supercarrier 11 with Independent Slot Power and up to 5 Amps linear supply and stereo linking, or the Heritage Audio OST-10 with on slot 400mA per slot, or up to 1.6 Amp linear power supply.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...1-slot-chassis
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...e-audio-ost-10

As this will be my first 500 series rack, any opinions on the best to get?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
As this will be my first 500 series rack, any opinions on the best to get?

nope. but I can say that I've been happy with my 4 space Heritage rack. I use the extra 4 slots to round out and make 44 CAPI slots a nice round 48. Works better with my patch bays, interfaces, etc.,
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinstance View Post
I just received an order from Bart HRK for two color processors and 8 color modules. Frankly speaking I am very disappointed with the quality control and there are multiple serious problems making them literally unusable. I really wish they had sold them as kits and let myself build them correctly, instead of the sub quality assembled ones. I will hold off details and wait to see how they respond to my Paypal dispute. In the meantime, I would recommend against ordering from them until they correct the quality problems.
This is becoming a trend. In the BART HRK eq thread 2 different people have had issues recently, either with EQ or a colour processor. Sad because the prices are great but that also might be the reason the quality is suffering.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinstance View Post
Wow, I just visited that thread. The responses the guy got from Bart HRK don’t sound encouraging. In my case, they are not shipping damage related. I can’t even mount them to the rack because they were built so poorly and it is physically impossible. I would be surprised if I am the only one had problems, because from what I see there seems to be zero quality control.
Can you expand on how you can’t mount them?
Old 1 week ago
Permission to board, commander!
Just got my first pair of Mr. Focus modules, for my mix bus. Initial foray into the Colour format.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search