The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ATM 23 vs ATM 230 vs ATM 23HE
Old 17th July 2016
Gear Maniac

ATM 23 vs ATM 230 vs ATM 23HE

Hey, has anyone had a chance to compare the new Audio Technica atm 230 to the atm23 or atn 23he? I just got an atm 23 to use on my high tom and then noticed they came out with new atm 230. Also, I have never hear anyone talk about an atm 23he if anyone has any info on that to compare.
Old 17th July 2016
Gear Head

Hi,

as a fan of the ATM23HE, I was pleased to see AT announcing the release of the AT230. But! If you compare the freq response of the new ATM230 with the old ATM23HE, you will discover, that they voiced it after the ATM25, which a lot of engineers use for rack and floor toms.

So this new ATM230 is basically an ATM25 in an ATM23HE housing...
Old 17th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Wow, ur right. They sure are trying to confuse people.. because the current larger diaphram model is the 250. So now, the 230 is more of the rack tom type mic while the 250 is the floor tom/kick type mic. I would love to put them all together, new and old, and see which ones are better for toms.
Old 18th July 2016
I just bought the ATM230 three pack and tried them on a kit I built today! I was just going to write about them and did a search and found this thread. I also own CAD M179's for toms as well. I love them both equally!!! These ATM230's sound wonderful. They have a very nice presence and nice bottom. They sound finished! The bleed is minimal and musical.

Old 20th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Great to hear. Anyone have any opinions about whether the newer line is better or worse in general than the old line of similar products?
Old 20th July 2016
I have an atm25 I tried it against on toms. I think the new ones are more refined. I prefer the atm230 over my 421's
Old 31st July 2016
Here for the gear
So if I already own 2 ATM25s for floor toms, getting a 3 pack of these for rack toms would probably do me well...hmmm lol
Old 4th August 2016
Old 28th November 2016
Here for the gear

Has anyone compared the ATM-230's with the ATM-250's?

I've been using the ATM-25's on my floor toms (and love them), and Sennheiser E-604's on my rack toms - of which I'm contemplating switching the rack toms mics to ATM-230's, and using the e-604's on my snares (replacing my SM-57's).

I'm thinking the ATM-230's may provide a little more warmth/punch than the e-604's

Any suggestions or comments?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search