The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
MikTek MK300 - Large Diaphragm - 3 Polar Pattern
Old 23rd April 2019
Gear Nut
oml, no offensive but never compare the mk300 to an at4040, they have like zero similarities. the mk300 is great on vocals and has a bright tone(also someone mentioned forward mids which is true) but also BALANCED, unlike a lot of other bright mics that have strange effects when recording vocals. It doesn't suffer from any internal resonance problems either which is great. It's my preferred vocal mic, and usually prefer it over the shure beta 87a or mxl v67i.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’ve been recording a lot more studio vocals recently and took the opportunity to a/b all my mics on a few vocalists. If have to say I’m liking the Miktek even more and personally prefer it to the AT4040. The highs on the AT4040 sound slightly phasey next to my other mics. Also, the MK300 has more definition in the mids. I paid £120 for the MK300 secondhand (as new) and it is turning out to be possibly the biggest bargain I’ve had for a microphone.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
I’ve been recording a lot more studio vocals recently and took the opportunity to a/b all my mics on a few vocalists. If have to say I’m liking the Miktek even more and personally prefer it to the AT4040. The highs on the AT4040 sound slightly phasey next to my other mics. Also, the MK300 has more definition in the mids. I paid £120 for the MK300 secondhand (as new) and it is turning out to be possibly the biggest bargain I’ve had for a microphone.
Even at full price, it's a bargain IMHO. At the price you paid, nearly a "steal"
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search