The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gearslutz wants to know: what is your favourite product that Behringer makes? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 19th June 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Thanks for chiming in Uli.

What is YOUR favorite price of Behringer gear? (you are allowed to nominate!)
Hi Jules,

Thanks for the great question.

Ever since I studied sound engineering and classical piano, I always loved designing products and then using them on stage myself; in the early days my friends would also help me out and test my prototypes in order to provide me with valuable feedback.
While we are a much larger organization today, I am still deeply involved in product design and enjoy leading our 400 people R&D department.

It is difficult for me to decide on a single product as it is always the next product that excites me. However if I look back, there have been some milestone products that truly pushed the envelope and made us a better company.

Around 1990 we launched the Combinator MDX8000, a 4-band mastering compressor/limiter/leveler.
mdx8000 - Bing images
The Combinator contained close to 1,000 parts and the unit was so complex that it forced us to make some true step changes. In order to design the complex print circuit board, I had to acquire a PCB design software called Topcad which was a fantastic tool, however PC’s in those days were so slow and monitors so low-res that it took me ages to complete the design. I like to take the opportunity and give credit to Matthias Carstens who worked with me on the circuit design. Matthias is a brilliant engineer and later set off to found the reputable company RME.
http://wildcat.client.jp/tec_st/mdx8000/MDX8000_003.jpg
We subsequently also had to purchase our first auto insertion machine as the sheer amount of components would not allow for a manual process anymore. I still remember that the test and alignment procedure took over 1.5 hours and made us purchase our first Audio Precision System One test system.
I am very proud that to this day the Combinator is still highly sought after and has become a classic in mastering studios and broadcast stations.

Another product I like to mention is the digital mixer DDX3216.
Behringer's DDX3216 Digital Mixer
In 2001 we launched our first digital mixer which took us around 5 years to develop. It was so incredibly difficult that there were multiple phases, where we felt we had to throw in the towel and give up. However there was always someone on the team that had a great solution and we ultimately managed to bring this product to market and sold it very successfully until component obsolescence forced us to discontinue the DDX3216.
It was the first time that a product would include multiple DSP’s, lots of software, mixed analog/digital circuitry design and also a switch mode power supply.

In hindsight, the DDX3216 truly was a paradigm shifter and not surprisingly it was the same engineering team in Germany that later designed the X32 and X AIR digital mixers. With over 500,000 units sold, the X32 has become the most successful digital mixer of all times; it received numerous awards and is on tour with some of the most famous bands.
However much credit goes to the customers who engaged with us on soundforums.net. With 2.4 million views, the X32 thread has become the largest thread in our industry which demonstrates the massive interest this product has generated. Many of the fantastic ideas we later incorporated came from those customers for which we are very grateful.
https://soundforums.net/forum/pro-au...x32-discussion

What is the product I would like to nominate?
In my very early years, I designed a synthesizer called the UB1 which was a combination of a synth, electric piano and organ. Nothing great compared with today’s standards but the UB1 was my first step into the world of music and electronics.
https://www.amazona.de/wp-content/up...inger-UB-1.png
As a passionate musician myself, I always wanted to design another synthesizer ever since. Around 3 years ago I sat down with our brilliant Midas engineers and we came up with an incredible concept for a new synthesizer that is so revolutionary, that it will be a world’s first in at least 4 major aspects.
We will soon be making the first announcements and hopefully ship the synthesizer later this year.

If I could nominate one product, then it is this new synthesizer, a truly amazing instrument that is very close to my heart. I am extremely proud of the Midas engineers who put their heart and soul into it.

Uli

Last edited by Uli Behringer; 19th June 2016 at 03:51 AM..
Old 19th June 2016
Lives for gear

I have a few MDX1000's that are great sounding comps for not a lot of cash. Sure they arent "oooh ahhh" pieces like an LA2A would be, but whatever. It works and sounds good.

Really though, Ive had different pieces of Behringer gear since the late 90s and all of its still going strong. Sometimes I think people just like to look down their noses at the cheaper stuff...
Old 19th June 2016
Lives for gear

bcf2000
Old 19th June 2016
Lives for gear

Gearslutz wants to know? What is this, the enquirer?

I bought a small mixer of theirs a couple of years ago to mix my DTV/Netflix/etc. It went belly-up in a very short period of time. Good thing too, because for less money mackie has one that is WAY better in tone.

@BCF2000: I never had one of those series but I've heard terrific things about them. Also they make a floorboard for controlling things I've heard good stuff about.
Old 19th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
Hi S.F. Sorrow,

Thank you for your comment.

Your post contains several false statements and hence allow me to correct them. I do appreciate that you are concerned about ethics and legality as this equally makes a huge difference in our books.
Allow me to remind you that knowingly making false and defamatory statements is called libel and is illegal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

You stated:
“When behringer gear fails within the warranty period it is usually replaced, not repaired. It is not designed to be repaired. After the warranty expires... good luck finding a tech that will fix it.”

First of all we are offering a 3 Year Warranty Program on all our products, no matter if you purchase a US$ 25 stomp box or a US$ 3,000 mixer. Our products have factually one of the lowest failure rates in the industry which allows us to comfortably offer such a generous warranty program. Please feel free to verify this statement with our largest retailers Sweetwater and Thomann.
Here is a link to an article I recently posted about Reliability and Failure Rates.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11957784-post196.html

Second, we absolutely repair our products during and beyond the warranty period. We own and manage two major Care Centers in Las Vegas, US as well as Kidderminster, UK to service our North American and European customers. Our Care centers serve both as repair centers as well as spare part depots with a typical 5-10 day turnaround time for repairs. Aside from our own Care Centers, we also contract many external Service Centers.
Here is a post from our US Care Manager explaining our Care operation. Please feel free to drop by anytime as we would love to provide you with a tour and a cup of coffee.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11960615-post213.html

I am the first to admit that we are not perfect and absolutely respect people who don’t like us or our products. All we are asking for is that we engage in a respectful and factual manner so this becomes a meaningful discussion.

In our nearly 30 years we have become one of the largest companies in the industry and we owe all our success to our incredible supportive and loyal customers.

This is the reason why our staff and I are participating in these forums as we do care about our customers. I am very proud of our people who go out of their way to help and support wherever they can.

Thank you.

Uli
Thank you for your clarifications (and threats of legal action, that's an ehm, interesting way to deal with critical customers...).

I do understand your need to clarify things you perceive as false. But not every customer is within easy reach of your Care Centers and my experiences have been very, very different from how things must look at your end.

I'm not saying your products fail more often than others but at some point they WILL fail and then what? I'm simply raising the question whether they are designed to be repaired beyond the warranty period (or even within the warranty period). A properly designed electronics product could last a lifetime if maintained in good shape. If products like yours cannot be repaired locally by a skilled technician than I would argue that it is not really designed to be repaired, even if it could be shipped to the UK/US Care Centers for whatever special treatment it gets there. Your view on this may differ of course. There is also the fact that anyone living outside the US/UK would have to pay for international shipping to get the unit to your Care Center, plus the hassle of customs fees and import/export paperwork for anyone outside the US/EU.

I'm not based in either the US or the EU. My experiences are admittedly a couple of years old so I suppose your policies may have changed, but even so, please let me tell you about a couple of MY experiences to let you understand my point of view:

1) In the case of a V-Verb that was still under warranty (but the V-Verb had been discontinued at this point) I was told by the dealer that they could only offer me a refund as Behringer products were never repaired, only replaced with a new one until the warranty expired. This they told me was Behringer's policy. No replacement was available because it had been discontinued so I got a refund instead.

2) This was the case of an old MIC2200 that was out of warranty and my local tech wouldn't repair it. He is a highly skilled guy with a college degree in musical equipment electronics. I won't quote exactly what he said as you're probably gonna threaten me with legal action again if I did but short censored version: He couldn't guarantee a satisfactory result, and basically advised be against it. This is the only piece of equipment he has ever declined to repair for me.

So, my opinion on Behringer products is not something I'm pulling out of thin air. It is based upon how dealers and techs have related to your products in actual real world cases.

If your Care Centers in the UK/US are offering repairs after the warranty has expired that is great of course but it is not easily accesible for all your customers around the world. Also, shipping stuff around the world instead of repairing it locally brings us into yet another environmental question I guess... It really shouldn't be necessary to ship stuff to your Care Centers for repairs. If basic equipment like this cannot be repaired locally by a professional tech it is not really designed to be repaired in my humble opinion. Your opinion might differ of course.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that none of your several listed Service Centers would be any more convenient to me than the US/UK Care Centers. I'm in a non-EU European country so things that can't be repaired locally (or at least nationally)= huge hassle. I will also add that I didn't take into consideration your Service Centers in India and Australia when writing all of the above but my point is still valid for a LOT of customers.

Last edited by S.F.Sorrow; 19th June 2016 at 02:19 PM..
Old 19th June 2016
The only Behringer product I own is the FCB1010 mid foot controller with the EurekaProm upgrade. It works great!
Old 19th June 2016
Gear Addict

Hi S.F. Sorrow,

Thank you for your reply and your change in tone. It is much appreciated and hence please allow me to answer.

Let me be clear - we have no problem with criticism and if genuine, we appreciate any comments as it helps us improve our Company. As the Founder and CEO I am the first one to stand up and accept responsibility if we screwed up in any area; but I will also stand up for the Company and our people if I feel criticism is not justified especially when some people deliberately try to spread false information. On multiple occasions we have suspected competitors trying to discredit our company and hide behind the shield of anonymity.

While your experience has not been positive, I appreciate you sharing your honest view. Please allow me to comment by breaking the topics down into multiple parts.

The facts about failures.
To be clear, there is no manufacturer who can guarantee defect-free products, no matter how much emphasis they put on using quality components and quality assurance systems. Ultimately all products will fail – the question really is when and how. Just look at how many times NASA has to cancel or delay space launches as an extreme example or how frequently high-quality automotive companies have to recall cars.

In the electronics industry we buy components from reputable semiconductor manufacturers such as Analog Devices, Texas Instruments, Motorola and others who specify their anticipated component failure rates in ppm (which stands for "parts per million"). Those ppm numbers sound very low but consider what happens when for example 7,000 parts are combined into one large mixer. Suddenly, the statistical failure rate increases dramatically and now you’re talking significant percentages.

The reality is that our products are much better than this perception would lead one to believe. With 5 million products a year and the slim margins we work on, if our products were generally fault-prone we would have been out of business long ago. Instead we focus on failure prevention where the cost is far lower than trying to clean up a mess through after-sale service. Our dramatic growth underlines that customers are generally happy with what they are buying from us and good reference points are always reliable customer reviews at Sweetwater, Thomann, etc.

The facts about our global service network.
Our products are sold in more than 120 countries mostly via officially appointed distributors. It is a distributor's contractual and legal obligation to provide service to its customers and also to honor any warranty claims.
In no way would we expect a customer for example from Brazil to return a product to our service center in Las Vegas; in this case it would be the Brazilian distributor's responsibility to service your product.

Customers in Europe are equally not required to send their product to our UK Care center, and instead can simply return it to the dealer where they purchased the unit. Alternatively they can ship it to the local distributor and from there the service supply chain will take over. These mechanisms are well established and often regulated by consumer protection laws.

I understand that you live outside of Europe or North America and hence your local dealer or distributor is responsible for servicing our products. Perhaps you could share with us the country you are living in so we could make sure our local distributor will reach out to you and help you with any technical problems you may have.
You can also contact our Care Center via [email protected] so our people can point you in the right direction.

It is important to understand that aside from our own Care Centers in Nevada and Kidderminster, we have a large amount of external service centers under contract who are fully authorized and qualified to service our products.

The facts about the viability of repairs.
While I am sorry about your experience with the service you have received in your country, you are highlighting two good examples that explain some of the challenges around service.

V-VERB. I am not sure when exactly you purchased the V-VERB as this product has been discontinued more than ten years ago. Either your case stems from this time or the dealer simply sold you a long obsolete unit. The V VERB was one of the best reverb units we ever designed and its algorithms are now deployed in our current X 32 and X AIR digital mixers. While this reverb unit sold really well, we had to abandon production as certain semiconductors were no longer made available by the part manufacturers. Even though we kept a small amount of parts in inventory, this unfortunately made it much more difficult for us to provide spare parts. This problem has further intensified as especially semiconductor generations are changing more frequently.
To be clear, if your dealer told you that "it is Behringer's policy not to repair products", it is clearly incorrect as no such policy exists. Again it would be helpful if you could share with us all details so we can follow up with the distributor, dealer and service center in question.
This customer experience is clearly unacceptable and hence we like to address this swiftly and share the outcome here on the forum.

When it comes to the MIC2200 microphone pre-amplifier, I am somewhat puzzled as the unit is actually very easy to repair, often it just means to replace the vacuum tube. The repair simply requires schematics and some surface mount equipment.

It is a fact that today's products have become much more complex as technology has moved into the digital domain. With the complexity of digital products comes an vastly increased component density and multi-layer boards which require much higher technical and analytical skills plus sophisticated repair equipment. This is why our spare part depots not only provide components but also complete board assemblies to allow for board swaps.

I hope these answers are helpful and once again thank you for sharing your experience. It would be great if we could follow up with you and solve the issue in relation to your local distributor in order to provide the customer experience we expect from our partners.

Thank you.

Uli

Last edited by Uli Behringer; 19th June 2016 at 11:02 PM..
Old 19th June 2016
Lives for gear

Headphone amp with 4 outputs
ADA8000
XR16
Active speakers (monitors and 12" subs, loving those)
Bass amp simulator (pedal)
Some guitar pedals

Last edited by Finnish; 19th June 2016 at 06:03 PM..
Old 19th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechacaseal View Post
no have you herd their noisy budget mixers and their behringer b1 is awful once you eq it. they should be shut down for sellig such garbage.
I respectfully disagree. I have a small B mixer that I use with the band live for 3 years running, many, many gigs. It sounds just fine. Is it a Midas? Heck no. Is it reliable, solid sounding, feature strong, portable, well-made, extremely cost-effective? Hell yes! The FX kind of suck (some more for the implementation than the sound of the FX themselves, like the delays), but a few sound good enough to use live.

And it's not an isolated example. I've used other inexpensive B mixers that have all works quite well for the money, size and expectations. But again, I don't buy a Rav-4 thinking that I'm getting a Range Rover... but that don't make a Rav junk.

I've used and/or owned Midas (have one in a studio right now) Neve, Soundcraft, SSL, A&H, MCI, Sony, Amek, etc... and this thing just works and does the job I ask it to do, in a manner far beyond expectations for what I paid.
Old 19th June 2016
Lives for gear

There are a lot of good behringer stuff i know.
BCR-2000, BCF-2000, FCB-1010, bass V-amp, all those headphone amps, x-32 and smaller digital mixers are indeed very good.
Old 19th June 2016
Ive personally never owned a Behringer product unless you consider the M32 a Behringer product however a youth group at a church i know uses an old Behringer 24 Chanel eurodesk mixer with external power supply and its still running strong. And to boot they claim they bought it used and have had it for over 10 years using it multiple times per week. To be honest i was floored when they told me that. I don't know if it makes a difference but i'm told the unit is so old its from a time when B gear was made in Germany and not China but i never researched it to verify that.
Old 19th June 2016
Powerplay 16 personal monitoring system
Old 19th June 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechacaseal View Post
no have you herd their noisy budget mixers and their behringer b1 is awful once you eq it. they should be shut down for sellig such garbage.

Hi Mechacaseal,

We understand that you don’t like the B-1 and we certainly have no issue with your personal view. In term of fairness can we offer 137 other opinions? For more than 15 years the B-1 has been selling extremely well.

But please read through the pages of reviews on these 3rd party sites from other users as well:
Behringer B-1 Reviews | Sweetwater.com
Behringer B1 - Thomann UK

I can speak for my own experience using our microphones. I recently had the honor of recording drums with drum legend Hal Blaine at our MUSIC Studios LA. We used the B-2 PRO mics (multi pattern version of the B-1 PRO), as drum room mics in omni and they performed very well. We have also used the B-1 on vocal sessions and acoustic guitar with excellent results.

You further made a claim that “our budget mixers are noisy.” Can we please ask what the basis for such a statement is? Do you have facts like models, measurements, etc.?
We are proud of the fact that our mixers offer one of the lowest noise floors and SNR among analog mixers in the market. The components we use throughout all our mixers are for example very low noise bipolar 4580 opamps (NJR, Rohm, etc.), high-quality transistors (Toshiba, Fairchild, etc.) for the mic pres, as well as 1% metal film resistors and low ESD caps.
All our published specs are verifiable and to measure the noise floor of an audio product is rather simple; we propose an independent expert here to test our mixers and compare them with other current mixers so we can look at actual measurements and talk facts.
We also suggest to perform an established double blind test to compare audio performance. We are more than happy to include other mixers in the shootout which cost multiples of the price of our mixers.

Since the beginning or our company 30 years ago we have sold more than 12 million mixers and have since become the number one for analog and digital mixers. Here is a sales ranking of analog and digital mixers of both major retailers. Aside from the ranking, the positive customer reviews will speak for themselves.

Analogue Mixing Desks - Thomann UK
Analog Mixers | Sweetwater.com
Digital Mixing Desks - Thomann UK
Digital Mixers | Sweetwater.com

I also wanted to share a few videos from a new series we have stared called “My First BEHRINGER.” This Red Bull Studios video was an unsolicited story from Red Bull Studios' head engineer Eric Stenman (Red Bull Studios Los Angeles). We were visiting the studio to shoot a video on the installation of an entire BEHRINGER P16 system in their mulit-million dollar studio. In this video, Eric relates how his EURORACK MX802A is often used on a weekly basis to solve many mix situations at Red Bull Studios.

My First BEHRINGER - Eric Stenman of Red Bull Studios:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqSLRGu32QQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Syd_V55BCE

Often we are asked why our products are so much more affordable. The answer is very simple – we are one of the very few companies that manufactures products in-house versus using external vendors. Since our factory does not have to make a profit, we can save up to 30% which we are passing through to the customers. Since Uli founded the company 27 years ago, our whole focus has been on the side of the customer and to provide them with the best possible products at the best possible price. This has earned us extreme loyality from our customers and this philosophy will never change.

Last edited by Joe Sanborn; 19th June 2016 at 07:45 PM..
Old 19th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
Hi S.F. Sorrow,
Thank you for your reply and your change in tone. It is much appreciated and hence please allow me to answer.
Uli

Hi Uli,

You know what? You’ve been fair in your responses here, so I’ll change my tone as well and be serious for a moment and address a couple of points.

The notion that @S.F.Sorrow was possibly a competitor spreading false info, therefore requiring your thinly veiled legal threats is silly. Indeed, your stepping into this discussion appeared (to me) more like someone who is attempting to squash honest discussion that may be perceived as negative towards your company, by way of threats of lawsuits to the general public.

The reputation that Behringer has had over the years is one of its own making, one that has been cultivated by a series of calculated business decisions, and has certainly not required any competitors “help”.

I will emphasize “has had”, because in fairness, you are coming out with some original products, and some of them are very good. As I mentioned, I've used the X32 extensively, and thought it was great. So much that I purchased the M32 as soon as it came out, which was probably the most expensive “Behringer” product to date.

I did end up selling it, as the marketing of it as a studio console, and the “future proof” 96k promises have since fallen flat, but that’s another discussion. Your new control surfaces look excellent as well.

My hope is that this new direction for Behringer marks the end of the insidious practice of making cheaper knock offs of your competitors existing products.

This is at the heart of the disdain that many people have for your company, and has formed the basis of your reputation to date.

As someone who is obviously well versed in legal issues and wanting to “protect” his brand, the term “confusingly similar” I’m sure is very familiar to you. I’m sure you are also well aware that in most cases, it is extremely expensive for companies to bring suit against you, and in many cases simply not worth the immense cost, both financially, as well as the human costs in stress and anguish. I know you are well aware that the bigger company with the deeper pockets is most often the one that comes out ahead.

I’m sure you are also aware that even when lawsuits are brought against you, the complexities involved often result in the wheels of justice getting a flat tire.

All of those calculated business decisions you’ve made, such as making (in my opinion) confusingly similar ”knock offs” of Mackie mixers, Boss pedals, Ebtech cable testers, etc., all have a human cost. The Behringer “Xenyx” coming out after the Mackie “Onyx”, similar name, packaging, etc. is just one more recent example of this.

There are people who work in those companies who ultimately lose their jobs, families suffer, etc. These are real people with real families, and real hopes and dreams. Mackie was once a wonderful company making great affordable mixers in the USA. No longer. It’s now a shell of it’s former self, and Behringer certainly did it’s corporate best to help that along, and you now dominate that low cost mixer market.

The EBTECH cable tester is made in the USA, employing American workers. Your CT100 “lookalike” is not. Hopefully EBTECH/Morley will not suffer the same fate that Mackie did.

In terms of product reliability, you only need to look at the threads on here from enthusiastic Behringer users to know that it’s not your competition “simply spreading misinformation”. There’s a thread on here somewhere about the V-Verb units when they were being discontinued. Mostly glowing enthusiasm for the product, but many people saying that they needed to order two or three units to ensure that they received a working one. I have read the same type of things regarding other Behringer products.

In my own experience, I ordered two of the SRC9624 units from a major retailer. One was D.O.A. and needed to be returned. I also purchased one of the small cheap mixers years ago from my dealer, which was also defective and needed to be returned. Now even if someone has a product that fails out of warranty, are they really going to ship it at their own expense to the Behringer service center? That is likely going to cost them more to ship for repair than the unit is worth, and I think that’s where @S.F.Sorrow's comments (or his dealers comments) stem from.

So in fairness, while I’m happy to see the direction that your company now seems to be moving in, there is still a lot of work you need to do if you are concerned about your reputation. Certainly there are Behringer supporters who couldn’t care less about any of this, as long as they get their gear for cheap. However, ethics do still matter to a lot of people. The notion of corporations “doing whatever it takes” to destroy the competition is not always something that sits well with people as they become more aware of the issues involved.

As @Jules said, this thread is "like a confessional”.

So Uli, are you willing to put it all out there, and confess your corporate sins?

Respectfully,
Squawk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behringer#Legal_cases

On Behringer's Track Record, "Value," and "Copies" - cdm createdigitalmusic
Attached Thumbnails
Gearslutz wants to know: what is your favourite product that Behringer makes?-ebtech.jpg   Gearslutz wants to know: what is your favourite product that Behringer makes?-pedals.jpg  
Old 19th June 2016
Lives for gear

xr18. Love it, awesome product, use a dual band external router though. X-air edit for windows is great. Has been rock solid and me using it in several local venues for our band has sold 4 xr18's for behringer to club owners. You are welcome Uli.

Wanted the producer bad, but lack of scribble strips on a multiple fader layer mixer was a non starter. Ended up just buying a performer 1 2 days ago with stage box. Looks like it fits the bill. m32r has too high a back to fit in a gigrig, so again wasn't suited to my needs. If I'm going to carry around a big case just for a mixer, might as well have more faders on one layer. I've mixed on the a fair amount, and the tablet editing software for windows works well and gives you control of pretty much everything, which the soundcraft lacks.

Both have pros and cons, but having to try to use tape for 4 layers of faders (not to mention the nightmare of a multi band show with 4 layers of faders) was not something I wanted to do. Reminds me of presonus having non motorized faders. First time I mixed on one was the last. Pain in the arse.

I'm positive they will rectify this in the newer versions of the producer when they happen, but got a great deal on the performer and just couldn't wait.
Old 19th June 2016
Lives for gear

Behringer makes a lot of great products for the price, and some that are really really good.

Their Bugera amps are awesome... Their 333XL is actually one of my favorite high gain amps at any price point in terms of sound and features.

The turbosound IQ series are great... They sound better than the popular more expensive QSC units for example.

A lot of their pedals are great budget pieces, though they do have a lot of crappy products.

If there is one thing they make though which I think sounds better than the product they copy however, it would be their bass DI. I think the BDI21 does the ampeg tone better than the tech 21 units, thought its less versatile.
Old 20th June 2016
I only have one single Behrigner product, and that's the Ultravoice XM8500. I think it doesn't sound that bad, I tried it through an Avalon Design AD2022.

Last edited by Usabell; 20th June 2016 at 01:03 AM..
Old 20th June 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sanborn View Post
Hi Mechacaseal,

We understand that you don’t like the B-1 and we certainly have no issue with your personal view. In term of fairness can we offer 137 other opinions? For more than 15 years the B-1 has been selling extremely well.

But please read through the pages of reviews on these 3rd party sites from other users as well:
Behringer B-1 Reviews | Sweetwater.com
Behringer B1 - Thomann UK

I can speak for my own experience using our microphones. I recently had the honor of recording drums with drum legend Hal Blaine at our MUSIC Studios LA. We used the B-2 PRO mics (multi pattern version of the B-1 PRO), as drum room mics in omni and they performed very well. We have also used the B-1 on vocal sessions and acoustic guitar with excellent results.

You further made a claim that “our budget mixers are noisy.” Can we please ask what the basis for such a statement is? Do you have facts like models, measurements, etc.?
We are proud of the fact that our mixers offer one of the lowest noise floors and SNR among analog mixers in the market. The components we use throughout all our mixers are for example very low noise bipolar 4580 opamps (NJR, Rohm, etc.), high-quality transistors (Toshiba, Fairchild, etc.) for the mic pres, as well as 1% metal film resistors and low ESD caps.
All our published specs are verifiable and to measure the noise floor of an audio product is rather simple; we propose an independent expert here to test our mixers and compare them with other current mixers so we can look at actual measurements and talk facts.
We also suggest to perform an established double blind test to compare audio performance. We are more than happy to include other mixers in the shootout which cost multiples of the price of our mixers.

Since the beginning or our company 30 years ago we have sold more than 12 million mixers and have since become the number one for analog and digital mixers. Here is a sales ranking of analog and digital mixers of both major retailers. Aside from the ranking, the positive customer reviews will speak for themselves.

Analogue Mixing Desks - Thomann UK
Analog Mixers | Sweetwater.com
Digital Mixing Desks - Thomann UK
Digital Mixers | Sweetwater.com

I also wanted to share a few videos from a new series we have stared called “My First BEHRINGER.” This Red Bull Studios video was an unsolicited story from Red Bull Studios' head engineer Eric Stenman (Red Bull Studios Los Angeles). We were visiting the studio to shoot a video on the installation of an entire BEHRINGER P16 system in their mulit-million dollar studio. In this video, Eric relates how his EURORACK MX802A is often used on a weekly basis to solve many mix situations at Red Bull Studios.

My First BEHRINGER - Eric Stenman of Red Bull Studios:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqSLRGu32QQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Syd_V55BCE

Often we are asked why our products are so much more affordable. The answer is very simple – we are one of the very few companies that manufactures products in-house versus using external vendors. Since our factory does not have to make a profit, we can save up to 30% which we are passing through to the customers. Since Uli founded the company 27 years ago, our whole focus has been on the side of the customer and to provide them with the best possible products at the best possible price. This has earned us extreme loyality from our customers and this philosophy will never change.

here is a guy using one of your mixers with a at4040 and its literally ruining all of his videos. you should contact him and fix his audio cause anyone who sees that mixer in the bottom right of the screen knows its one of your pieces of junk. HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

here is one of my videos using your behringer b1 mic. it got to the point people started asking me if my mic was broken lol its so scratchy.

here's a video of me using b1 the top end is very scratchy this was before i added one or two more dbs and it got so scratchy people thought it was broken lol. nice try with your damage control. i did like how bright the mic was but it lacks presence and sounds strained and scratchy.

my rode mics (nt1a, nt1000) never get scratchy so ya never buyin your low quality stuff again.

PAY ME BACK FOR MY TIME AND MONEY AND RUINING MANY OF MY VIDEOS USING YOUR BEHRINGER B1 AND MAYBE ILL STOP TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR GEAR.
Old 20th June 2016
I want to keep this thread on topic.

The back and forth is exciting but it's in our rules that at our discretion we remove posts with reference to legal actions.

We also remove off topic posts. People that know me well know that in regards to contentious issues and "fight" threads I don't sit here rubbing my hands together and think "oh goody! We will get a lot of page views from this!" Instead - I think they are simply fights and not very cool.

Just so you know. (And btw for the record - I haven't been "contacted privately" by any party involve in this discussion)
Old 20th June 2016
Oli
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
The "Magician". Rather rare but well made.

Further proof that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Ever seen one?
Are you referring to the T1950? What do you think of its sound? What do you use it for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Mine are ULTRACURVE PRO

And the "composer" MDX2600 compressor
What do you like using these for?

I seem to recall a PA tech using an ultracurve for the RMS metering.

I didn't find a lot of use for my old Composer Pro (can't remember the model).

For myself; BCR2000, SNR2000, V-Verb, DDX3216. Might try an ADA8200 some time.
Old 20th June 2016
I liked to run distorted rhythm guitars though a bus that has a compressor side chain triggered by drums (mostly kick) and the MDX2600 worked perfectly for this.

The Utracurve pro I used for a while when traveling from studio to studio to help generate an eq curve for my monitoring.
Old 20th June 2016
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

My vote: ADA8200, of course. That thing is worth every cent. Seriously. Tested against more expensive converters, ADA stands firm. Also totally dig the fact, the unit is so easy to open / access! So if you want high end capacitors like Nichicon or Panasonics, or throw in a better op amp, go ahead and upgrade the unit.

@Jules: I've noticed others were nominating model 8000, so perhaps we should merge the name/term in this thread to: ADA8x00 series, since model 8000 is no longer made?

@Uli Behringer: i was always curious to see your personal music studio. Any chance we ever see it? I kinda imagined it like Enterprise's command bridge. But i wouldn't mind it being totally opposite, such some of the forum's mods / admins (which i dare not to name) in here have.

Background: many of the members in here post photos of their setups. For example we have a thread with close to 4 million views in EMI/EMP subforum:https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elec...etups-380.html

Seeing Uli Behringer's setup there would be super cool. Even if it's not Enterprise bridge. All mandatory, of course.
Old 20th June 2016
Gear Head

Definitely the amazing polyphonic analog synth they are going to show us at NAMM this week!

(Fingers crossed)
Old 20th June 2016
Power play Pro 8 channel headphone amp. I've had it for close to 10 years. Flawless...
Old 20th June 2016
Lives for gear

the Edison .. some sort or Phase BOx .. i got 2 of them for 45.00 a few years back .. gave one to a friend and i have one here .. was a cool FX type box .. you can do this all ITB now so it sits waiting for a new home ..

and that cheap ass cable tester .. the pins of the Male XLR just came out of mine .. i have to use a 1/4" to XLR to test cables .. haha .. what a piece of junk !!!
Old 20th June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post
Are you referring to the T1950? What do you think of its sound? What do you use it for? What do you like using these for?
The Magician is an 8 channel tube line level interface box. It has analog VU meters and a saturation effect knob. It uses MC33078 opamps around the high voltage tube stage. A large torriod power transformer is used inside.

I don't own one but I have worked on several here. I was introduced to them by noted LA AE Tavvi Mota. He used them to interface pro tools outputs to an analog console, to "humanize" pro tools.

The last one I saw I could not rework because all the SOIC opamps were permanently glued down to the PCB.

Now, can we get a favorite Peavey product thread?
Old 20th June 2016
Lives for gear

B2031 A Truth near-field monitors

I originally bought them in a pinch when funds were tight and I desperately needed new monitors to complete a project. They turned out to be much better than I was expecting -- so much better that I feel no urgent need to upgrade them. They get the job done!
Old 20th June 2016
Lives for gear

Ha400 headphone amp and BCF2000. Have both and they work great.
Old 20th June 2016
Lives for gear

I like my Ultra Curve Pro, it's in use every day. The UI/firmware is very nice!

However, the first unit I got had excessive mains hum. The replacement was "almost DOA" with a flickering display being the only sign of life. The third unit, which is the one I'm running, also has excessive hum (no cork sniffing here, the analogue IO is simply unusable). Thus I use it as a digital box, and as such it is very good. Same'ish story with an A500 amp, first unit died with a "bztkkrrrkzxxtz", the replacement died similarly - gave up, may be doing a DIY repair eventually. Perhaps I'm just unlucky?
Old 20th June 2016
Gear Maniac

V-Verb Pro REV2496
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search