The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good Compressor/Limiter/Gate for Drums(snare & Kick) under 500 bucks
Old 28th January 2004
Here for the gear

Good Compressor/Limiter/Gate for Drums(snare & Kick) under 500 bucks

I am basically looking for a good compressor for kick and snare. Basically a stereo unit. Any help would be great. Thanks. This is my first post. durp.
Old 28th January 2004
Lives for gear

If you want to use it on kick and snare, you want a dual mono unit, or two mono units. If you want to use it on a stereo drum buss, you want stereo. For stereo, the RNC, yet again is the tits in the low cost arena. For low cost mono, the Symetrix 501, Aphex expressor are often recommended. Two RNC's are also a possibility.
Old 29th January 2004
One with big hooves

$500? A pair of dbx 160X or XT's would do ya well.
Old 29th January 2004
Lives for gear

Ditto on DBX 160X, XT. Valley People Dynamite is cool too but it just shot up in price by about 300% in recent months. I was seeing two channel ones for $200 literally months ago.
Old 30th January 2004
Lives for gear

2 FMR Audio RNC's mounted in a Funk Logic NCC-1701 = $380

Use the $120 for a massive pile of bacon cheeseburgers.

Old 30th January 2004
Here for the gear

Thanks

Thanks, I was considering two dbx 160x's but i wasnt sure if they were still being sold.
Old 30th January 2004
Gear Nut

jbuntz, where are you seeing crazy prices for the Dynamite? I've got one I want to sell, but haven't because I didn't think I could really get much for it. Not that I'm out to gouge people, cuz I'm not, but it takes some persuading to get me to let go of gear
Old 30th January 2004
Lives for gear

Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by m503regan
Thanks, I was considering two dbx 160x's but i wasnt sure if they were still being sold.
I can sell you a pair of these badboys for $200 each if you'd like. Hit me up with an email if you are interested - [email protected]
Old 30th January 2004
Lives for gear

I thought we were talking comp/limiter/gate here- do you need a unit with a gate? None of these have gates if I remember correctly. Valley People 2-610 used and in good shape would see you through. David
Old 30th January 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaseed
jbuntz, where are you seeing crazy prices for the Dynamite? I've got one I want to sell, but haven't because I didn't think I could really get much for it. Not that I'm out to gouge people, cuz I'm not, but it takes some persuading to get me to let go of gear
Ebay. They were going for under $200 a few months ago. Look at recent auctions. I can't tell you exact prices but I think they are at least double that.
Old 1st February 2004
Gear Head

ebay

Screw Ebay, with the latest ebay craze, everyone is trying to make profit off used items. It used to be a few years ago you could get really really good deals, and actual deals, and actual prices on used gear. Now people use a piece of gear for 3 years constantly, claim it's almost new, then set the reserve 75 below the store pirce, then they inflate the shipping, and don't refund you the xtra shipping you paid. Screw Ebay, Screw them in their stupid asses! OH also check out how much they try and sell old vinyl records for, wtf 15 bucks, good will sells awesome vinyls for 99 cents.
Old 3rd February 2004
One with big hooves

I still see Dynamites around the 200-250 range. 160X and XT's are going for about $150-200 each.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search