The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Native Instruments Monark Versus U-HE ACE Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 4th June 2016
Here for the gear

Native Instruments Monark Versus U-HE ACE

After demoing a few analog-based software instruments, Native Instruments Monark and U-HE ACE both sound amazing.

ACE seems to be more versatile, as naturally, Monark is designed to do one thing particularly well.

My question is, can ACE do what Monark is doing?
Old 4th June 2016
Lives for gear

I have both and imo they are very different beasts. Ace can sound similar when just listening to the raw wave forms. Once you engage the filter it kind of takes on another sound. I would buy them both again but then I got really great deals.

ACE = More Voices, More Mod Options, Built in FX, Unison, Sequencer of Sorts etc...

Monark = Pretty damn close to the sound of a Minimoog with some nice extras...Preset Memory, Snapshots

I guess it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I'm sure you could get close with ACE but I've never thought of ACE as Moog like and I have an Original Model D.
Old 5th June 2016
Here for the gear

Thanks for the advice.
Really helpful. Thank you.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search