The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
the Kick drum garage!
Old 9th February 2007
Lives for gear

the Kick drum garage!

I had lil brainstorm and decided to build a box around the kick. The panels are 2'x4'x2" 703 inside readyacoustics tan bags. Originally I just wanted to keep the cymbals out of the FOK mic, but it also allowed for placing a beta 52 @ 4' back from the front head, where it grabbed alot of low end and sub. The toms were not mic'd yet when the pics were shot.

I'll have a clip soon.

Last edited by Jax; 9th February 2007 at 01:46 AM.. Reason: meant feet instead of inches
Old 9th February 2007
Here for the gear

I've done this before as well. Got some good results from it. At first I did feel that it detatched the kick from the kit a bit, mainly because the usual spill obtained was less, but it mixed up well.

I think i tried because I wanted to try a condesor about a foot bac from the kick and drummer was super loud.
Old 9th February 2007
Lives for gear

This there a front head? With or without a hole? Looking forward to some sound bites.
Old 9th February 2007
Lives for gear

There's a Remo power stroke 3 on the front head, no hole. I taped an Evans "eq pillow" to it because the kick was too boomy. More pics later.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search